or Connect

Posts by lalovelady

I know there are various reasons why people want to opt out of state testing. And I do agree that they are really not a good guide as to how our children are doing. I think they are a waste of time and hate that many schools teach to the test. So, with that said, I also think it is a good exercise for the students. I like the test preparation the kids do to learn how better to take a test even though it is kind of redundant to do it every year but then we know that some...
We are in in K12 Charter School. We started the kids out in 2001 using the K12 curriculum as a direct consumer. We fell in love with the curriculum. When we moved to Wisconsin we decided to join WIVA which is an online charter school which uses the K12 curriculum. I loved having access to teachers for help especially since our eldest was starting Middle School. Then about 5 years ago we moved to California and it was pretty seamless to enroll them in CAVA using the same...
We love and have used the K12 curriculum from the beginning of my now Senior (graduating with a 4.06) and Sophomore. Very engaging curriculum and you can use it independently as a homeschooler or you can enroll in one of the charter schools that uses this curriculum depending what options are in your state. Either way, the curriculum is great.
She could do most everything on her own if she understands the importance of it and if she is willing to go to her teachers when she needs help. If she is not used to being self-motivated she will probably struggle. However, if she can understand the importance and pour herself into the process, she will be so much more prepared for college. K12 is a great program to get her prepared for self-discipline of college. It would be great if you and/or her mother could make...
I know in the past the K12 curriculum has said as long as the parent has at least an 8th grade education (and I'm sure you are way past that!) then you can successfully homeschool your child using this curriculum. And if you live in a state that has a virtual academy or charter school that uses the K12 curriculum you will have access to teachers to help you in any way you or your child needs. I only have an AA and have successfully schooled my children with K12 and I...
My 2 high school children are currently enrolled with California Virtual Academy. They use the K12 curriculum (www.k12.com). They have teachers and all the support they need. We love it and they are learning a lot and doing very well. DD has already taken 2 college level courses with a 4.0!  
Have you checked into the iCademy with K12? I hear it is wonderful and used with children all over the world. Go to www.k12.com for more info.
Before my son was Kindergarten age I purchased the Math and LA K12 curriculum just to see how he would do. He flew through it so we kept going. He is now a Sophomore in HS and will graduate early. K12 allows you/your child to move a different speeds for different subjects as long as you are using it consumer direct (not through one of the Virtual Academies, etc.). We did this until the kids got into middle school. I loved having the teacher support as we needed.  
You might post your questions on this FB page for MAVA http://www.facebook.com/MassachusettsVirtualAcademy?ref=ts   There are also other FB pages for learning coaches. You don't have to currently use the curriculum to get on and ask for advice. http://www.facebook.com/groups/232020453490656/?ref=ts  
Hello! I have been using the K12 curriculum with my 2 children since 2001 and we love it. They are now both in high school and doing very well. I truly believe the K12 curriculum is a major factor in them being very prepared for college/university. We started with K12 as Direct Consumers (I purchased the curriculum and used it independently of any Virtual Academy) for their first few years. Then we moved to Wisconsin and joined WIVA and then 4 years ago moved to...