or Connect

Posts by GabiCristian

I live in Romania with my Romanian DH and his mother and our DS (10 mo.). DH is quite a bit older than I am and he was a "surprise" baby, so MIL is easily old enough to be my grandmother. She has some...interesting opionions about childcare. For instance, before DS's umbilical cord fell off she said I should wash it every day with chamomile tea. She also says that we should only wash DS's face with cold water, never with warm water.   Last night DH was teething and...
My boy is 7 months, so I'm not quite at your stage yet, but he doesn't roll from belly to back either. He tends to get up on hands and knees and then cry because he doesn't know where to go from there. :-) I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I'm afraid that I don't have any advice because I'm exclusively pumping, but I'll commiserate and give you a virtual hug! Giddy was sleeping really well--he's in a crib right next to my bed, and he'd wake up and eat around 11 and then again between 3 and 5. Very do-able. For the last couple of nights, he's been waking up ten and more times--almost once an hour. He doesn't want attention, he only wants to eat. Nothing else calms him down, not the binky, not even being held...
I'm 3 wks pp with DS#1. BFing has been painful from the beginning. I just recently figured out we have thrush, but I also think we have latch issues, and probably some nipple confusion as well. I'm trying all sorts of stuff to get rid of the thrush--probiotics, genetian (sp?) violet, vitamin C, and anti-fungal liquid to paint the inside of DS's mouth before feeds, and an oral antifungal pill for me to take. I'm also taking ibuprofen every four hours to help deal with the...
I'm glad to hear that the grunting's normal. Mine does that, too. Do your babies have an "evening fussy time"? What time is it, and how long does it last? Gideon tends to be fussy from 9-10 pm to 1-2 am. Is it normal to be that long and that late?
We're 3 weeks pp, and it turns out that a lot of my nursing pain is due to thrush rather than a shallow latch. I've been reading around, and it sounds like thrush is hard to get rid of, and takes a while. Sooo discouraging. I will never again judge moms who give up nursing early--if I wasn't so knowledgeable on the benefits of BFing (or so stinking stubborn) I would have given up already. It was close, even so. But now that we know what the problem is there's a light at...
Thanks for the advice, ladies! I'll have to try the cross-cradle hold--I've just been doing normal cradle hold up till now. I think (I hope!) that things are slowly getting a little bit better--the pain just makes me swear now, rather than swear and sob. Hopefully I'm on the right track and things will continue to improve as my nipples heal.   Here's another question for you--is it ok if his poop is dark and sticky? He had the loose yellow newborn poop before, but...
I've looked in his mouth when he cries and it doesn't look like it to me. I'm not sure about weight gain--they weighed him at birth, but not when we left the hospital and when I asked the pediatrician when I should bring him in again (assuming that he'd need well-baby checkups or something every once in a while) she said whenever I felt like there was a problem, or if I had questions. So maybe they don't care too much about weight gain here? He's got good diaper output...
1 week pp for me, and breastfeeding is hard. We had problems with DS swallowing at first and I had to feed him with a syringe a few times, but it seems like he's over that now, thank heavens. Now the problem is the toe-curling, swear-like-a-sailor, this-is-worse-than-labor pain when he latches on. I have the typical symptoms of a shallow latch--new-lipstick-shaped nipples that are white at the tip when he comes off the breast, but even though I know what the problem is...
I've got 3 days until my EDD, but I've got the feeling that it will be at least another week. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong, though!