or Connect

Posts by tm0sweet

Congratulations!!! I found out I was pregnant the day my son (technically step son but we have full custody) came to live with us at 8 mo old. They are 17 mo apart. It's a beautiful challenge! It was very difficult when they were little. I did a lot of wearing one and carrying the other. It was exhausting, it still is sometimes. Now they are 3 and 4 and I love that they are so close in age. They play together so well and are the best of friends. They fight like cats and...
Seriously fighting baby fever here... I have 3 boys aged almost 5, 3, and 12 mos. My oldest is developmentally disabled and is quite a handful. I keep trying to remind myself that having another will make traveling or even getting out of the house without help difficult. And DH is in the military so deployment is always on my mind. I already feel stretched thin trying to keep up with these boys but I can't stop thinking of another pregnancy. Another little baby. We've...
Hi mamas, My 12 mo wants to be in my arms 60% of the day. Obviously baby wearing is the only way I get much accomplished/keep my arms from falling off, this kids is HEAVY! Recently he scratches, bites, hits and pulls my hair in the ergo, both front carry and back. I've been giving him a warning: "gentle hands/ no bite" and then immediately putting him down if he repeats the action. He follows me around crying until I pick him up again. I just don't know what to do with...
I have a circumcised 4 year old and an in tact 3 year old and they haven't said anything about it yet. And they've definitely seen each other, they take baths together regularly. I should also note that sometimes things like this just don't matter to kids... My oldest is my step son whom I have raised as my own: he is a fair, blonde hair, blue eyed boy. My biological son takes after my mixed race looks (black&white) he has dark curly hair, brown eyes and dark skin. I...
This. They startle so easily on their backs. I'm also wondering if back sleeping is unhealthy for the natural "C" curve of a baby's spine. It seems like laying flat on the back is not an ideal way to achieve the "S" shaped spine that must be developed as a baby grows.All 3 of my boys tummy slept from day one despite the propaganda the ped pushed on me.
Congrats LoveOurBabies!!!!!! I'm at 1,486 and I feel like I don't have much left to do. Then again, I've avoided the unfinished section of my basement due to my fear of spiders.... I'll have to buck up and go through that stuff if I want to hit 2013
Ugh! DH is in the military and he had to get the FluMist today. I guess he asked about the shot just so he wouldn't have to deal with the live virus and possibly infecting the kids and I... But they only had it available for those who live with someone who is severely immunocompromised. Grrrrr. At least this year they acknowledged its a live virus vax. Last year they kept trying to tell him there was no live virus in the nasal spray *hand to face*
Apologies if this is OT or has already been stated.... 3 kids under 5 hasn't left me much time to read the entire thread yet but if it were even possible to quantify "rare" I'd also need someone to define what a "severe" reaction is. For example: I would consider an autoimmune disorder that doesn't crop up until years later a "severe" reaction. I also consider the number of shingles cases rising to be a "severe" reaction on a societal stand point. Are "severe" reactions...
I wish someone had told me about the shakes after the baby is born.... When you just can't stop shivering. I was afraid I would give my first baby shaken baby syndrome I was shivering so badly
Just sent a request! Good idea