or Connect

Posts by cathochick

Thank you!
I had one more bit of blood yesterday on the toilet paper and then nothing again. My midwife said she could refer me for an ultrasound or blood draw, but I'm just going to wait and see. Morning sickness should start in another week.
Had some bright red blood this evening and then nothing. Possibly going to see the midwife tomorrow to have a blood draw.
I'm 34 now and this is my fifth pregnancy. My first pregnancy was when I was 17 and ended in an abortion due to pressure from my mother. My second was at age 23/24, was normal, and resulted in my first son. My third was when I was 27, was normal, and resulted in my second son. Those were all with my ex-husband.   My fourth pregnancy was with my current partner just before I turned 33 at the end of 2010. It seemed normal but ended in a missed miscarriage. I went in...
Prayers.
Sore, swollen boobs, post-coital spotting, feeling snacky but food tastes blah. No nausea yet. I'm 5 weeks 3 days today.
Wonderful news!
I'm struggling. I had a surprise pregnancy in the fall of 2010. Found out I was pregnant in mid-November. Just before Christmas, when I would have been 9 weeks along, I went in for an ultrasound and they couldn't find a heartbeat. I had a follow-up ultrasound a week later and nothing had changed, so I had a D&C.   This one is another "oops" pregnancy, but now I don't have health insurance, so I can't just run off to the doctor and ask for an ultrasound. I'm applying...
I asked how they handle things I've experienced in previous births (cord around the neck, heavy postpartum bleeding, fast births, breech--though my breech baby turned back around in time), how long they've practiced, how many births they've attended, what equipment they bring, how often they have to transfer a mom, if they use an assistant, etc. This blog has a good series of posts on thoroughly interviewing midwives.
I'm so sorry.