or Connect

Posts by cyrusmama

I'd love to do kids clothing
Name: Andrea Where do you live: Southeast Missouri How many kids do you have, names and ages: 2, Cy (6) and Jax (1.5) Wanna post their pics: maybe later Are you partnered: Happily married How long: 8 years What drew you to MDC: I was looking for breastfeeding help right after Cy was born. I am kind of more of a reader of posts than a poster usually. I have been a FIN a few years ago, and have been a helper a few times too. I always look forward to the HH thread (so does...
= No spend or budgeted spending = Unnecessary/unbudgeted spending = No-drive day = eat-at-home day = packed a lunch, snack 01.. = both dh and I ended up getting home late so we had dinner out , Fridays are our crazy day unfortunately 02.. , = went to a craft show, packed a lunch and stayed under the budget we allotted ourselves, buying 4 gifts for Christmas for a total of $7 03.. = ate at home, despite a trip to the er, sick baby 04.. 05.. = stayed home all...
I have about 10. I use most of them pretty regularly. I think there are maybe 2 I haven't used in the past month. I do find myself searching online more often than using a book but, I like having the books to look through too.
a. Who you are: I'm Andrea, aka. Cyrusmama, SAHM to two beautiful boys. Cy is 6 and J is 19months. New to keeping a log of our spending b. Where you are going (your financial goals): Very short term, Have money left over at the end of the month to poke back for Christmas. We are also planning a small trip in the middle of the month and need to have some extra for this. Longer term, have enough saved to help us if dh is unemployed this spring for a couple months...
For the boys we usually do a party and one bigger gift for birthdays. This year Cy wanted a pool party at the Y. We were ok with that but told him that it would be his big present from us. He said ok and had a blast. We did buy him a smaller gift to open though. For Christmas, we do about $100 a piece for the boys. This year we've done less. I bought J a Sesame Street fish tank $5, an Elmo lamp $5, and a John Deere tricycle $20 at a consignment sale. I've bought Cy...
Really interesting, we are between thrifty and low cost. That doesn't really suprise me though. We buy the majority of our groceries in one trip to the city every month. Because of food allergies we pay a bit more for some snacky convenience foods though.
We've been doing them with Cy for a couple of years. He loves them and has my MIL sew all the patches on his apron They are a little easy to break but I think for him its more about the building than the finished project, ya know?
Joining in a little late too, and I have a decent sized list. Dh: no ideas yet, but I know I'll find something Cy: knit eyeball juggling balls, wooden mailbox to share with Jax, face plate Jax: above mailbox, face plate, and ??? Mom, Grandma, Grandma, & MIL: fingerless mitts, and tea towels maybe FIL: knit hat Mom: Felt glasses case Oldest brother and SIL: ??? Middle brother: Incognito maybe? Other middle brother: Mandrake if I have enough time Youngest Brother and...
I have heard the cost of materials + 1.5 x's cost of materials. If you bought the yarn on sale, I'd go with the original cost of the yarn.