or Connect

Posts by Espion

Thanks ladies!  I had a definite feeling that would be the case.  Looks like I'm going to have to convince my DH not to get a job!    It may seriously make more financial sense.     Anyone have any experience with the nanny agencies?  (Or hear tell of any problems/great things from any of them?)
We're moving to Anchorage in the summer/fall and expecting our first little guy in June.  What is the experience with child care in Anchorage?  The main caveat is that I do not work 9 to 5, but pretty crazy hours, including some weekends.  I don't have family to fall back on.  Budgeting for a nanny is going to be pretty tough, but my hands may be tied.     Anyone have any insight?  (Or even just comments, even if you think they wouldn't apply to my situation.  I...
I know exactly how you feel.  I had some spotting too, right around that time.  Flipped me right the heck out.  Turned out it was probably because I was lugging around a bunch of heavy boxes.  Sending good vibes for your appointment tomorrow.  
  I do something similar, but have to fully wake up if I flip over...so much rearranging!  
  I agree.
    HA!!     I would share this w/ my DH, but I'm afraid he'll be traumatized.  
    We were 80% wrong.  We're having a boy!  We were completely shocked, and now we have to start over at zero with names.     Yay for babies!  Congrats on all the baby reveals!  
    Speaking of this, is anyone doing the red raspberry leaf tea?  There is a ginormous thread about it in the main forum.  Wonder if anyone has any personal experience here.  
  I think its the "labor is long" that gets most people.  Honestly, it gets me, because it's not my field and I don't know the literature.  I wanted to come back and correct/add this, because the big "if" that I left out was the 3rd scenario...baby doing well, but nothing is happening.  (i.e. "stuck" at 4 cm dilation)  How long is okay to stay like that?  Can we always assume that cephalopelvic disproportion, poor fetal presentation, etc. is the culprit therefore,...
All following said in all due respect.  This was written in a pondering tone, not a threatening one.  Meant for thoughtful discussion, not attacks.      Rarely is a medical professional, doctor, nurse or otherwise trying to "trick" anyone into anything.  But that is honestly up to the perception/needs of the patient, the good/bad/poor bedside manner of the healthcare provider, and it can only be agreed that every situation is different.  I don't believe that every...