or Connect

Posts by Lynski

I know this has been discussed before but I haven't seen it in a while and thought I'd ask. The search function doesn't bring up much either. I have an established wahm business selling organic and diaper fabric that I want to sell, since I'll be done with nursing school in the spring. I've looked for places to list it or ways to reach buyers, but it seems like a lot of wahm opportunity sites are all MLM or direct sales. That or it's all sites for sale with incoming...
I've been using the thicker polymailers from Uline with no problems for the last 4 years. But lately Fed Ex has been really hard on my packages and is right now returning 10 yards of organic bamboo fleece to me because the package was so badly damaged they didn't even try to deliver it. This is expensive and frustrating for me and the customer. Last month they delivered the fabric but the bag was ripped open (obviously dragged on the ground) and the fabric was all...
I'm a full time student with a 4 yo, 2 yo and 3 mo. It is HARD being away from them. But I have all summer and breaks at home still and I just have to keep reminding myself I am doing this for our future. My program is only 2 years though, so it will be done fast.
My sister told me today that she is being induced Friday. She has GD, very borderline from what I understand. She is on 2 Units of insulin in the am because her morning blood sugars have been in the 85-95 range. She is measuring on track and her baby does not appear to be large for gestational age even to her over eager (IMO) OB. Her OB has agreed to "let" her go to her due date instead of being induced at 38 weeks. Is that true? Do most OBs induce all GD patients...
Hello from a fellow Coloradoan! I had my second baby at home. It was an INCREDIBLE experience. I would have gladly repeated it with my 3rd but our finances made it impossible. HB is perfectly legal in CO and your midwife will come to your house. Some do all their appointments at your house, some have an office and will just do some appointments at your home. If you're thinking about hb I suggest you start by doing some research. I loved Henci Goer's "A Thinking...
I use olive oil. Works like a charm, no petroleum products and it doesn't irritate their skin.
My little sister had "slight" placenta previa at 20 weeks. She just had a follow up at 34 weeks to see if it's moved up. The tech said there were 2 placentas. When my sister questioned her she said "well, it's really more of a placental lobe." Now she's been sent to a perinatologist after her OB muttered something about cord insertion and then something about covering the cervix (the placenta HAS moved up.) From the sounds of things, the OB is pretty set on a c-sec. ...
DS was born Thursday morning. My milk came in last night and I was thrilled but now I'm miserable. My left breast is so engorged I haven't been able to get him to latch on since last night. I don't get a good response from pumping yet so I've pumped about 5 times today and get an ounce each time. My breast is still very full and hard and I'm starting to worry. I'm hoping he'll latch on tonight while he's sleeping but if not, how can I do better with the pump? ...
I had almost exactly the same situation. I had DD in June and my cousin was getting married in Sept of that year. My stepmother offered to pay for plane fare and we would have stayed with relatives so it would have been a cheap trip. We didn't go. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was a little sad my sister and stepmom were able to go. On the other hand, it is a once in a lifetime trip and I definately want to ENJOY every second. I didn't want to be...
Sunday night labor started, and off to the hospital I went. Among the many things I did not like about the experience was that everyone kept insisting I walk. I prefer to labor alone, in the dark in my bed, curled up in a ball and breathing through contractions. It's how I labored w/ DD and how I was laboring prior to leaving my house. : Things did stall out after 4 hours at the hospital and I ended up going home, sore and miserable from walking all around after being...