or Connect

Posts by jillyofthevalley

I ended up washing almost everything in a mild bleach and soap solution and it all came out beautifully.  My house did smell of wet wood for a couple days though while it was all spread out drying. LOL  The bigger things like the doll house I wiped down with lysol wipes.  I didn't love that option but it had to be done.  Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Anyone have a yummy muffin recipe using carob powder.  I found a jar of it in the back of my baking cupboard and I'd like to use it up.  Do you just substitute straight across for cocoa powder?  I've never used it before. TIA!
We have been babysitting a boy who has some very nasty bad habits and without getting into the gory details I'm shuddering at the thought of what is lurking on our belongiings.   Our babysitting nightmare is almost over and I need to clean these toys thoroughly.  95% of what we have is wooden.  I'm not against using bleach for this.  I don't usually break out the bleach but I'm that grossed out.  Would it be safe to immerse the toys in a mild bleach solution (just a...
You can find a lot of non-pink stuff at Hanna Anderson and nothing there has "princess" written across it.   Dd has some pink but not a lot.  I think we have a nice variety of colours in her wardrobe.  I'm finding it really tough getting ahold of gender neutral stuff for this next baby.  We don't know what we are having yet and not sure if we're going to find out.  Everything I come across seems to scream either boy or girl.  I went into the Carters/Osh Kosh store and...
We're trying to hold off as long as possible.  We know our families won't be very supportive (they all think 2 was enough, 6 will just bring a whole lot of criticism) so we wanted to make sure this baby is going to stick before saying anything.  No point in going through all the negativity for nothing.  Things are moving along well though with lots of symptoms so I think we'll be making that announcement in the next couple of weeks.  I'm not looking forward to it...
I'm suffering morning sickness so I think it's a girl.  I didn't have any nausea with my boys but did with all 3 girls.  
Protein definitely helps me out.  I splurged and bought myself those little prepackaged sliced cheese so I could grab them quickly when the queasiness hits.  Also helps that I can toss one in my purse to have on hand when I'm out and about.  Oddly enough I am able to stomach chicken tacos, but again, they are full of protein and not a lot of carbs.   I've been feeling a lot of nausea in the past week and just want to curl up in a ball on the couch.  Unfortunately I do...
EDD:  June 6, 2013 Your Age:  36 Your General Location:  BC, Canada This babe will be child #?:  6 How long have you been TTC:  this one was a happy surprise Tell us a bit about your family (partner, other children, and/or pets): one hubby and five kids ages 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 Anything else you'd like to share:  we thought we were done but I guess life/fate/call it what you want didn't think so. LOL  This will be our first baby with a spacing of more than 2 years so I...
He's 4.  I think he may be hyposensitive.  My mom has told his parents numerous times that they should have him evaluated because something isn't right but they just ignore it.  I'm hoping once he starts kindy next year the school will say something and then they will finally listen.  Here's some of the things that he has/does:   - needs to touch everything and everyone   - is not bothered by injuries, like cuts and bruises, and shows no distress with shots (may...
I babysit my step-nephew who I'm quite sure has hyposensitivity issues.  He hasn't been officially diagnosed (his mom isn't interested) but from doing my own research he fits almost everything on the checklist.  Anyhow, I'm having such a difficult time with him.  He doesn't listen, he's destructive, etc.  I know at home he's punished in a more "mainstream" way and I won't go into that but since we don't do things that way here I'm kind of at a loss.  Our usual ways of...