or Connect

Posts by jillyofthevalley

The tetanus vaccine is only good for ten years anyway. How many people have kept up with their boosters since high school? Not too many from my experience (I used to work in a doctors office and the only time an adult ever came in for a tetanus shot was because they had cut themselves). So that basically means that the majority of us are running around with no immunity to it anyway, even though we had the shots as children.
I love my sarongs. I practically live in them all summer. I can't get them around me twice though (I still haven't lost my extra baby weight!). I usually wrap around 1 1/2 times and tie the one end to the fabric at my hip. It's very hard to explain. I kind of pull the fabric out a bit at my hip and then tie it to the end. Then I pull the other end out (which is at the other hip) and over the waist and it kind of holds it all in place. Like I said very hard to...
I don't really know much about the breast milk "sticking" to the glass bottles but if you are just going to use them occassionally I wouldn't worry about it. Evenflo still makes glass bottles. I found mine at Walmart. I've also found glass bottles at the Salvation Army. I know that the #7 plastic is really a problem when you heat stuff in it, so I would keep the avent bottles for pumping the milk into (the glass ones have a different top so they wouldn't fit onto the...
A good book for personal care products is called "Beauty to Die For" by Judi Vance. It talks about all the dangerous ingredients and gives suggestions for alternatives. Jill
Not only is all this disposable stuff a waste and harmful to the environment, but it costs a fortune! Our washing machine broke down a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't able to get if fixed for a week. We had to go to the store and buy disposable diapers, wipes, toilet paper and kleenex (we use cloth for everything in this house). The bill came to $60 and that was just for one week's worth! I couldn't imagine spending that much on a weekly basis all the time. We...
You will love them! I bought a coral/green stripe one for ds and it's always the first cover I reach for, especially at night. Enjoy! Jill
Does anyone have any suggestions for stopping mold growth on the windows in the winter. The condensation is so bad in the bedrooms that there are actually pools of water on the window sills and black mold growing on the windows (as well as mold all around the frame)! What can I do besides cleaning them daily?
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelBee : I'm trying! Everyone thinks I am nuts! Me too! They think I must be depriving my kids because I try not to buy all that junk for them. We just got a huge pile of plastic stuff last night and this morning. I can't wait to donate it (although I'll have to wait a few months)! At least everything the kids got from us were natural toys, art supplies and books. MIL did get the girls a beautiful solid...
I agree. Get rid of the manmade fibers (or at least hang them to dry). I find that I only get the static when I've put our fleece shirts in the dryer with the rest of our clothes (which are mainly cotton). I try not to buy any manmade fibers, except I do love my polar fleece! I've found some natural fabric softeners which seem to help. I usually pour a bit on an old washcloth and throw that in the dryer like a dryer sheet. I can't think of the brand name off hand,...
I have one of their soakers for ds and I love it. They are quite similar to Aristocrats but I find they are a little bit longer in the rise so ds is able to wear it longer. I prefer it over his aristocrats and it seems to have a better fit on my guy. They come in adorable stripes as well! I have never had it leak. Great for overnight. I've never tried their longies though. Jill