or Connect

Posts by jillyofthevalley

I have this same problem in my house. Thing is, the rule is no eating anywhere but the kitchen table but no one seems to obey it around here. I'm at my wits end! I have to shampoo the carpets monthly and I'm sick of it. Anyone have any advice on how to get the kids to actually follow the rule? Every time I turn around someone else is eating something, usually something messy, in the living room. I immediately send them back into the kitchen but 2 minutes later...
I just got an email today from Ladybug Organics saying that as of today they will be closed. I've been getting my groceries delivered by them for years. Does anyone know of any other delivery services that come out to the Fraser Valley (I'm in Mission). There are a few in Vancouver but they don't deliver out here.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluegoat My dh was a Beaver leader. One thing he noticed was the age issue - little girls tend to be more mature, so girls at the top of the age range aren't always a good fit with the boys as far as interests and so on. I agree with this. My son is in Beavers right now and I notice a huge difference in the "wildness", for lack of a better word, between his troop and the Sparks group my daughter was in. The girls...
I ran out to the grocery store yesterday to get tomatoes, cucumbers and salad greens (I love my salads) but I resisted the temptation to buy anything else. Today's menu was: B: crockpot steel cut oats with apple chips/crisps added in (the kids insisted on buying them and don't even like eating them) It was actually pretty good. L: kids had pita bread, hard boiled eggs and kiwis. I had a salad with hard boiled egg S: gnocchi with meat sauce Snacks were...
I'm joining in this month. We have a side of beef coming in two months and my deep freeze is full to the brim. We need to empty that sucker out by the end of October. There is a lot of bread in there but I know that will be gone in no time now that school's back in and we're making sandwiches daily. We also need to save money this month (and the next, and the next...) to put towards our massive vet bills that we had to put on credit card. My goal is to only buy milk,...
Unfortunately, the only place in Canada that I know of that sells wooden play kitchens is Natural Pod and they are charging $600. We got our from Nova and luckily we live close to the border so we were able to have it delivered to our US addy and drove it across ourselves. I don't know if that is an option for you. Although, even with the $100 shipping it's cheaper than Natural Pod. Could you find a local woodworker/cabinet maker and have one custom made?
Well, I totally cheated this past week. We had a wicked heat wave and basically everything we had in the pantry/freezer required some sort of cooking. I broke down and went to the grocery store for deli meats, buns, hot dogs, etc. It's cooler now though so I'm back on the wagon. LOL B: canned fruit, yogurt L: Chicken flings and new potatoes S: will be steak, coleslaw, left over new potatoes from lunch and some sort of frozen vege
I'm joining in! We've already blown through this months grocery budget and it's only the 9th. We do have a fully stocked freezer and pantry though so we have lots of food. My problem is I get bored and don't want to cook what I have and I always head to the grocery store for something new. Our freezer is full of mostly beef (mostly ground and roasts left), a bit of fish and pork and one whole chicken. We have lots of frozen corn and peas, lots of frozen berries. Our...
#1 and #2 - 21 months #2 and #3 - 23 months #3 and #4 - 21 months #4 and #5 - a week shy of 2 years
That site is great! Makes the day I've had today seem not quite so bad.