or Connect

Posts by jillyofthevalley

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Some people obviously have nothing better to do with their time. When my ds was three we were at a backyard birthday party and he dropped his pants right in the middle of the yard and relieved himself! I was mortified but at least everyone else at the party saw the humor in it. Hey, at least your little guy went behind a tree.
I use Tide or Ecos and have had good results with both. I have no idea why most cloth diapering sites are against Tide. I've found it to be one of the best. No rashes or stinky diaper issues.
Quote: Originally Posted by amydiane Thanks everyone....but won't the bleach fade my colors? I've used 1/4 of bleach in my wash and my colours have come out just fine. As long as you don't pour directly on the dipes.
We use fitteds (mostly bamboo but a few cotton), prefolds and pocket diapers with bamboo inserts. I dry pail everything together, including the family cloth and when the pail is full I dump it in the front loader. I use the sanitize cycle with a prewash and 2 extra rinses at the end (all programed at the beginning so I only need to go back to it when it's ready for the dryer). I use a full cap of detergent. It all comes out clean and free of soap. It's a pretty basic...
I agree with the bleach. If you really want to kill any nasty bacteria that's the way to go. I know quite often bleach is seen as the devil in these parts but there is a time and place for it. That and the sanitize cycle on your washer should definitely do the trick.
Quote: Originally Posted by indigosky OK, I can try stripping it. Do that in my washing machine, or by hand? I would do it by hand just to be on the safe side.
It sounds like it needs to be stripped. Have you tried washing it with regular laundry soap or even a mild dish soap? You may need to do it a couple of times to get it squeaky clean and then you can relanolize. Also, wool covers, especially ones you use overnight, need to be washed more frequently than a lot of people do so you don't get a build-up of urine.
Cool! I just set my DVR to record this. I've been on the waiting list at the library forever for this DVD and I'm still like #70 in line.
We have quite an assortment here. For regular table eating we have Corelle plates and bowls as well as pyrex glass bowls. We have stainless steel bowls, plates and cups which are great for outside meals and snacking. For snacks inside we have a nice set of wooden bowls I got for 50 cents a piece at the thrift store. For our regular drinking glasses the kids use small jam jars. Dh and I drink out of the bigger size canning jars and the kids call theirs "little daddy...
Can I join please? This year I'm really striving for and craving a simpler life. I've been decluttering and have already sent off a few boxes and bags to the Salvation Army. Seriously, why do we have 30 dinner plates when there is only 7 of us and we never entertain? LOL I've pared down my kitchen a bit but there is more to do. I've been staring at my appliance cupboard but haven't been able to part with any of it yet. One day.... My goals are: 1. Less stuff....