or Connect

Posts by Ophelialove

I guess I am a tad disappointed that no one so far actually answered what the real risks are, despite Rosaling ASKING about that....and there are real risks to epidural.  No, as others have said, birthing is not a contest & no one offers a medal no matter what happens...but frankly, last week, we had a major ice storm...no power for 4 days, my kids got a stomach virus right as it hit, I am 36 weeks prego, no heat, no lights, no laundry & had to muddle through, because the...
 oops double post
OMG - THANK YOU for this post.  Seriously.   I have a near 6 yr old that I often help to get dressed & sometimes help him eat if the food is hard to manage (think sloppy sandwich) and I get all sorts of rude comments about it.  He in turn is happy to feed his 2 1/2 yr old brother hard to manage stuff like ice cream & soup when I am busy.  Dh falls in there with the feeding too.  I just don't see the big deal.  My kids would obviously not starve if I did not feed...
My 5 yr old plays it on our computer, bu tit's pretty limited right now as he does not do any online or have any mod packs, but a computer with internet is all you need.  I get a lot of criticism from people who don't even understand the version we have that I shouldn't let him do it - but I always laugh & say it's like legos in many ways & I never step on one at 2am...lol  Even my 2 yr old kind of plays it - he mostly likes to play smash on it - so Ds 1 builds...
Do you get any heat from anyone (grandparents, friends, etc) for going unschooling?  It won't change my mind (and never has on anything else) but I do tire of it being another thing for people to rag on.  LOL  First it was my unmedicated birth (because you don't get a medal for being a martyr you know) then it was breastfeeding - and then breastfeeding past a year & then past two & then through pregnancy & then breastfeeding two at a time & somewhere in there was a whole...
Emaye - I am right where you are, bu ta tad more nervous than you seem to be.  I really enjoy it, but I already get a lot of criticism when I am just doing HS with a full curriculum, I can only imagine what will happen as people slowly start to figure out we are unschooling.  I am also really into reading up on it right now & figuring out how it will work for us & what that will look like in our house.  Right now I've been doing a lot of reading here too:...
THANK YOU!!!  You both were absolutely right - but I will fill you in so that others reading can benefit maybe from what all played out.   So after I posted I let him run around diaperless to see if that may help.  For several hours there was no change.  Then I checked again & in the span since I had last taken a look (about 60-90 mins had passed) it really worsened.  I swelled much bigger & was then a donut all the way around & it appears as though he had lesions...
Try here: Dr. Linda Hegstrand M.D. 2426 Burton Street SE Suite 3 Grand Rapids, MI 49546 Phone: 616-464-0470 http://www.completewellnesscenter.net/   This is a hollistic MD in your area.  I can't say I know her or anything, bu tit would be where I would start. :)  HTH!
I belonged to an online group before & had a personal issue arise from it & have been mostly reading boards since...but I am throwing my hat in here.   I am a SAHM of 2 boys 5 & 2 & doing homeschooling at present.  My boys are intact, I do child led weaning & my younger one still nursing & probably will be for quite a while yet, we don't vax, we don't do punishment or praise (we focus on teaching & internal motivators) - so I am just going to poke around & post in...
I just wanted to add - his foreskin is long & the ballooned area actually is NOT on the area where his penile shaft is - it is at the tip where it's just an overhang of foreskin.  It actually appears almos tlike a blister but with too thick of skin over it - as blisters appear to be just under the skin, this just looks like fluid under the foreskin.