or Connect

Posts by Kathryn

Do you know why she's biting? The only thing that helped us at all was just limiting what was making her bite. If her siblings were bothering her, we ended up moving her or them somewhere else, even as hard as that was. We always offered something to bite on when she got near biting and that helped - sometimes. Is she in a special needs classroom or a general education classroom? Does she have a para?
Yeah, we never would even consider biting back or teaching her siblings to do that.   This thread is a couple years old and she's 7 now. She is much more verbal (but quickly stops talking if she gets overwhelmed or upset). She eventually stopped biting on her own, but is still pretty violent when angry and slaps, kicks, etc.. The only thing we've really found to help is just be super proactive. If she's starting to get upset at all, we get her out of the situation....
I'd try the cloth pads for sure, but it does sound like the balloon isn't full enough. You can check the amount at home, if you do want to. I do it with my daughters GJ all the time. You just hold it steady, pull out the water from the port, and have another syringe already with water to replace it. Super easy.
Thank you! I sent her both links. I don't think she'll qualify for the first, as he's just being deployed to Alaska for 6ish months and it's not a war area, but the second link should help her for sure.
Congrats on having him home! My daughter had an anoxic injury at 4 months and has GJ tubes, TPN, but no trach. I'm sure you'll get in a groove quickly and it'll be second nature soon.
If you can get the Synagis, I would personally jump on it. My daughter was full term and didn't have any problems and ended up severely brain damaged due to RSV meningitis. Granted, her case was extremely rare, but still.
My SIL is having her 2nd baby in March and really really needs a doula. There is a very good chance her husband is going to be deployed during the birth (Air Force) and while they plan to skype so he can 'be there', she really needs some hands on support. The problem is that they're low income and she just can't afford to hire a doula. Are there any special programs for women with deployed spouses or many doulas that need to meet the # of births for certification that...
((hugs)) I agree with most of the others, you need to go get a once over by a midwife or Dr. Not only because of some of the things that are going on, but because YOU feel like something isn't right. The biggest part of doing UC is listening to your body. Your body is telling you that you need to be checked out and you are trying to listen, but you're second guessing yourself. You are kind of asking others to talk you out of what is bothering you and that can be very...
Another triplet mom here. :) I had a homebirth with my trio at 36+4. They were good sizes for me, but I still had a bit of trouble with breastfeeding due to a teeny mouths vs giant boobs, mastitis, thrush, and a uterine infection. I ended up having to start supplementing with formula and donor milk at 6 weeks, but was able to continue pumping for several more months.  We also CD'd for a long while, but eventually dropped that due to other stresses. For quite a while, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by skyewriter doesn't anyone else notice that a helmet to wedge your child's flat head back into shape cuz you left it to rot in a plastic box of some kind is just wrong?? Many babies wear those to reshape their heads after neurosurgery. Two of my triplets had to wear them due to positioning in the womb. Lots of babies are unable to turn their head normally due to tight neck muscles, thus creating an uneven spot on...