or Connect

Posts by coati456

Sorry the tech was rough on you serena.   Tillymonster, my nipples are getting pretty dark, but not uniformly. Some parts are darker than others. I'm very fair skinned also. My nipples were really sensitive in the first trimester, but they feel fine now.   I bought a new pillow to put between my knees. It's just a regular pillow but thicker and firmer than my old one. I'm sleeping better now, but I haven't tried walking long distances yet to see if that version...
My baby's been pretty active too. Most of the time I guess I would describe it as rough flutters or like a fish swimming around in there. DH has been trying to feel, but I don't think we can feel from the outside yet.   Tillymonster, I only had those vibrations that one night. I haven't felt them again. It was like the frequency of a cell phone vibration. I googled it, but I still am unclear on what that was. Some people said that can happen if the baby pokes a nerve...
I already have a pillow between my knees at night, which doesn't always help. This seems to be something different. *shrug*
dakipode, thanks for the fitness info!   Anybody have any tips for hip pain? I'm having the same night time hip pain as many others, and having trouble finding the right size pillow to put between my knees. That pain typically goes away once I get up in the morning. The hip pain that is really getting me is the pain that starts up when I walk for a while. Then I hobble around for the rest of the day.   I would add that this only happens in my right hip, and my...
I'm 20 weeks, and I'm pretty sure I've felt the baby move. However, I would not say that it is obvious. The similarity to gas makes me a bit uncertain. I only felt a "thump thump" once.   Last night, I got a new weird feeling though. I felt a vibration that lasted for about a minute. This happened twice. I say vibration as it was much faster than a flutter. I'm not sure what that was, but a quick google search indicates that I am not alone.
Just had my 20 week scan today, and we are having a girl! EDD 9/12
I'm sorry some of you are having rough appointments.   I had my 20 week anatomy scan today. Everything looks good! It's a girl just like DH and I wanted. We are very excited!   We heard the heartbeat and saw the heartbeat on the screen. The heartbeat had extra high peaks every so often, and the tech said that means the baby was hiccuping. 154 bpm.   She was moving around, and folded herself up during the scan. The tech said she is very flexible. In that case,...
I've been kind of nervous the past couple of days waiting for my big 20 week anatomy scan. I just had it today, and everything looks good! I'm so relieved. DH and I are also super excited to find out it is a girl just like we wanted! She was moving around and folded herself up. She also had the hiccups at the beginning. The ultrasound tech said she is very flexible. :-)   We didn't do any screening. I'm very prone to anxiety, and I didn't want to give myself anything...
vc, I completely sympathize. We live several states away from our family, and we've only lived in this area for 1.5 years. We're kind of introverted, so making friends is slow going. The friends we have do not have babies.   My mom is hopping  on a plane the second I go into labor, but she can probably only stay a week or two because of work. My MIL would probably like to stay with us for months at a time, but she's not exactly good for our mental health.   I'll...
nettlesoup, glad you are feeling better! You give me hope. I managed to make it 3 days without throwing up, so I tried taking yesterday off of zofran. I got really nauseous last night and threw up 3 times this morning. Guess I still need the medicine. I'm 19 weeks.   Only my left nipple is crusty. It comes off easily in the shower though. I think only my left is making colostrum. This might make me worried later. I had surgery to remove a fibroadenoma from my right...