or Connect

Posts by texmati

After my daughter was born, we implemented the patience song-- it's basically a little ditty that we sing until mama can get what the toddler wants. It's basically serves the same purpose as whining, (making noise until you get what you want) but it's saved my nerves many, many times.  
The best advice that I have ever read (and it was from this forum) Is that it's easier to teach someone to do something than to not do something. My son was 16mos old when my daughter was born so we wanted to nip the hitting in the bud. We practiced a lot of gentle touch when things were going well, and when he did hit (or bite) we had a 'zero tolerance policy'.  If possible, we moved him into another room, and had him calm down, sit with us, practice gentle touches,...
If you don't quilt, there are people that make quilts with the clothes appliqued to them. That way, the clothes don't have to be cut up. But I do love the shadow box idea.  
I'm so sorry mama. I do hope you continue to post here-- it's a wonderful, unique community that has helped me and quite a few others through tough times. I'll be sending prayers and healing thoughts your way.  
I love our haan steam cleaner-- but even that doesn't get the grout clean. Have you looked into sealing the tile? Perhaps that would help with the flowers/in lays.  
I"m sorry mama-- that is tough! Here are my thoughts:   First, be gentle with yourself-- this is a tough transition you are going through; and your baby is only 4 days old!  Second, the thing that really comes through in your post is that you need help and rest. It's friday, do you think you could maybe get some help with your older kiddos this weekend? I also found that nursing would physically drive me crazy when I hadn't gotten enough to eat or drink. And...
When we were in this situation, (but our kiddos are 16 months apart), DH slept with DS on a seperate matteress while I slept with DD. It worked out really well. 
Oh lord! I remember my sister and I going through this phase-- we are south asian. It was hilarious at the time-- I can remember waxing, shaving etc being a very social thing. I really, really think that it's a phase, just like nail polish and make up and she will calm down soon. As for your origional question, if I want to show my legs, I have to shave that day. for everything besides legs, I use veet. I really don't like chemicals, but it's a solution that lasts,...
Thank you so much for all your replies.   So we spoke with the teacher, director and assistant director yesterday, and decided to leave him in for one more month (which is 8 more class days). All 3 of them assured us that he's happy in the class (which I'll be checking by dropping in when I can), and that they will not push writing right now.  If he hasn't adjusted by then, we'll pull him out and try again in a few months, perhaps at a more play based school.   The...
Thanks for the replies you guys! I'm at home currently, so we wouldn't need to find alternate care if we pulled him out. Right now 2-3 days a week is all we can afford to put him in for.   I think I got to the bottom of why he doesn't want to go. Last night, DS was saying that his teacher called him a bad writer. He said it repeatedly, and he's been calling himself a bad writer for the past week or so (which coincides with when he started not wanting to go to...