or Connect

Posts by texmati

We are in the process of completing a re-fi with the company that our loan is currently with. We are refi from a 15 yr to a 30 year with a lower interest rate. In all honesty, it took me about 3-4 hrs and 1-2 hrs of my husbands time to shop the mortgages/rates, follow up with the companies, sign/notorize all the papers and mail everything back in. It wasn't bad, and now I feel so much more confident in the SAH option for next year.
Quote: Originally Posted by Annie Mac I think it depends on the age. Preschool/daycare should allow drop ins. Elementary and beyond, I can see why not. this. how old is your dd?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kim Allen wow... maybe I just didnt pay much attention before. thanks. anyone else? I know. In our area, prices have all jumped since the local wm stopped selling fabrics. I'm trying to x amount of 'free, useful' projects (right now making kids pj's from our old clothes) before buying any more.
I don't have older kids yet, but I was an older DD much like your DD1. I wanted things to be fair, and, in my case, quite often I didn't want my little sister to have things. For example, I remember clearly not wanting my mom to buy my sister a jacket, even though my mom offered to buy me a jacket as well. I'm sure my mom thought it was the height of greediness and pettiness. In truth, I think I struggled with a feeling of limited resources-- if there was more for her...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cecilia's Mama I'm an F cup and I find that the nursing tanks support me just fine outside the house. They are what I wear nearly every day of the week. what brand are you using? I'd love to find a supportive one that had thicker 'sleeves' not just spaghetti straps.
I admit to taking renewed interest when anna was brought back onto the show. I don't like how much Jillian is favoring her though. Any favorites so far?
I would start treating this more like an ilness/addition rather than something he could control. If it were my dh, I would start dragging him to dr's, making appointments for him etc, not just mentioning how he should get some help. Going from being an athlete to obese in 10 years mean something is wrong. Really hold his hand. I went to 2 dr's when I started rapidly gaining weight after I got married and didn't seem to knwo why. Neither asked if I could be depressed, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by homewithtwinsmama I have wished repeatedly that I did NOT start calling my inlaws Mom and Dad. Such intimate terms for people I never really did get to like or understand. Its too late now but of all the marrieds of his other four sibs, only I call them that (was the first to marry into the family) and I wish I could stop, but after 20 years its too late. It's not to late. just switch to what everyone else calls...
Quote: Originally Posted by justKate I'm scared and excited at the same time--I have six months of work left before we move and I get to SAH FT w/DD1 (she'll be 2.5 yrs.). I was off for three months after her birth, and it was really hard on me, so I'm wondering if there's a "trick" to staying home that I missed during that time. She was colicky, never slept, had GI issues...plus she is my first baby and I was afraid to leave the house with her, much less...
Quote: Originally Posted by yentroc Wow! Thanks for such a thoughtful reply! Those are all great suggestions. I've thought many times of inviting her back into my room, just so she doesn't feel "banished"... my DH is so against it because he feels like we'll be "starting over" getting her back into her room again. She's the type of kid who is a rule follower and would never think to come into our room unless specifically invited. That's why a calendar...