or Connect

Posts by texmati

Quote: Originally Posted by 3xMama As we were leaving from my prenatal appt today, DH asked me if everything went well. I was kind of surprised, since he was there the whole time. It went perfectly. We just chatted a little bit about what's going on and my mw poked around on me and that was that. He went on to say that he feels like an outsider at the appts because he's the only guy there. Otherwise it really is all women, kids and babies! He does talk...
another vote for the mclaren volo. I also have a thought that is probaby not helpful. I think DS can sense that I'm pregnant, tired, exhausted, and don't have time for him. Over the past few months, I've seen him go from being fond of us equally, to becoming a total daddy's boy. I talked to our ped, and she said it was very normal to transfer attachment when a new baby comes. I don't know what to do about it, i know that your dh has to work. But if your DS is sensing...
if you look up 'freezer paper stensils', you can see some pretty neat designs for a no sew project. I think it would work with the thinner no pile kitchen towel type towels.
Quote: Originally Posted by leighi123 What seat is your DD in? Maybe try trading seats.... I'm still pregnant with her. The idea was to have her go in the hand me down infant bucket that ds just outgrew. (It has a 22 lb limit).
Quote: Originally Posted by lifeguard I'm trying to picture how the straps cut into his thighs. Ds has always been a chunker (he's slimming out now) & we haven't had this problem - the middle buckle comes pretty far up his crotch so the straps are sitting more across his hips than his thighs. The middle buckle does have 2(?) positions - have you tried the other position - maybe if you move it the buckle will sit higher against him. Interesting how the...
I mean, you talking baby talk? My son is 13 months old, and i think I can stretch it until this next baby is born. But we were messing around with our cell phones a few days ago, and I just listened to a 7 minute recording of me having a 'conversation' with my son. It's almost incomprehensible. Does baby talk harm speech development?
I just wanted to update. First off, I really want to thank everyone for taking the time to post. Quote: Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama I dont think your clear answer is daycare if your DS isnt going to thrive in daycare. I think your clear answer is finding a new sitter that is more in line with your beliefs and who you can make a clear payment arrangment with. Also important, the sitter knowing that it is completely inappropriate to TEXT to say you...
There! I said it. It is hands down my most regretted baby gear purchase. We bought it before DS was born, because we were getting an infant seat hand me down, and thought we could use a seat in both cars. DS did not fit in it as a nb, so we put it away, and realized that we don't really need child seats in both cars. We tried to put him in it at about 6 mos-- screaming wailing. Now he's outgrown that infant seat, and the true fit is still not comfortable for him. The...
I just wanted to give you a big hug. I ended up supplementing too, a bit later (at 10 mos). You are doing the best you can. I do think that bf really made working and being a mom much more tolorable, so good for you for trying to keep it up. I know that supp during the day does not == weaning completely, although I am not a success story in that regard. I guess I don't have much great advice, but i did want to let you know that you are not alone. s.
ITA about swing sets-- but they are my favorites! A few trees that make leaves and sticks to poke at, something to kill fire ants, and you are all set.