or Connect

Posts by texmati

one gift-- I'd love to see the invite that spelled out these options, though!
Yeah... I think that you just have to literally be on top of him the whole time. You can't expect everyone to childproof.
Quote: Originally Posted by LionessMom so, i weaned DD1 when i got preg. def not as close as yours but i still felt guilty. i do pump for her. it is only 8 oz a day but she loves it and she is 3 almost 4. i esp make sure to pump when she is sick. your babe is 12 months. how long since he nursed for real? and just keep offering it to him. when your milk comes in he might jump right to it. then you can tandem. if not get a pump. pump for him. put it in...
I had a hospital birth, so ymmv, but the birth experience is so emotional. It would have been a great help to me to have someone I trusted, but not so emotionally invested stick with me through the process.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaofprincesses LOL, no, it wasn't taught in home ec. (I took LOTS of home ec classes, it never came up.) Have you thought about temporarily cutting back on retirement contributions or otherwise reworking your budget to allow for more hours of childcare? Or housecleaning help? Or more convenience foods? It really worries me that there are nights you and your DH are not eating. You are pregnant! I am due in Jan. and I eat all...
Quote: Originally Posted by Apricot I haven't had a client have general. Your comments will affect my behavior if I ever do. I do have experiences with family members coming out of general - often they dint remember the first 60 minutes. But seem totally coherent. For instance, my husband had wrist surgery. After he recovered for 20 minutes, the doc came in and told him went fine, all good, here's the instructions for post surgery. Dh even asked a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by Canadianne I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I'm four weeks out from a c-section that I have little memory of as well (I was not under GA but was so medicated that I was hallucinating) so I can somewhat relate to your experience. I have to keep asking my DH what happened that night so all of my 'memories' are actually his. It is weird to be so disconnected from the birth of my son. I really hope that for your next...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamitaM Yeah,find a new nanny! Soon! I'm sorry but I don't like the way she's expecting to be paid extra for HER showing up early. She's the one who decided to come in earlier and deciding to stay late. Besides what does she want to charge for that extra 5 minutes? As a nanny I was often a few minutes early or stayed a few minutes late and was never paid extra and it was never expected either. ok. I'm glad to know...
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama The tax thing with your other girl is kinda strange. Was it something that wasnt discussed beforehand? the tax thing is with the new sitter. We should have discussed it but didn't. I don't know what her old employer was doing-- she mentioned that she wanted taxes witheld. But when we gave her the check, she said that that she expected to get the agreed rate to show up on her paycheck. I feel like a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama Did she come to work today? well.. she didn't come to work today . She texted that she wouldn't be coming in, but I have no idea about next week. I think we are really awful interviewers.