or Connect

Posts by texmati

Quote: Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma For what reason??? her exact words were that she "wouldn't have much to do". I did end up taking IV drugs partway through labor, which was the biggest mistake ever. I wish I had just gotten the epi. I may not have needed the GA then, a few hours later. I do wonder if any doula would have stayed when I was so out of it. I had asked for a low dose, and I didn't realize that the drugs would basically put...
Quote: It was bad if YOU define it as bad. "Traumatic" for one person is "no biggie" for somebody else. Well.. one of the really hard parts about my experience is the total lack of memory. The two people who were with my are my husband and my mom. They both seem to have really different opinions about how everything went down. Both seem really disturbed by it-- but it was a panicky time. Having a bad experience doesn't necessarily equal trauma, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by jeninejessica I would definately look into a doula for your next birth. It sounds like especially after this experience it would be reassuring to have at least ONE person there who is there throughout, and is always a familiar and constant face. Thanks. I did actually interview doula's before this birth (the GA one), but was turned off when one said that she'd leave if I got an epidural. And my midwife insisted...
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama Did she come to work today? Yeah she did! I guess, I'm just a bit jaded from old sitter. We are in a bit of a conflict over pay-- she was suprised that we took taxes out, but we really can't afford to pay her portion of taxes as well. We are stretching our budget already. She also seems to think that she should be paid for coming early-- If we ask her to come at 10, and she comes at 9:55, I don't think...
Quote: Originally Posted by blake201 Yeah, she's continuing the trend so far--reverse cycling, I think it's called? I'm wondering if I can cut back to pumping just twice per day since now I'm getting SO much extra... If I were in your shoes (and I was) I'd wait a bit (maybe until she's 5-6 months old) before cutting back a pumping session, unless it was really cutting into your work day/schedule. but eventually, you can cut from 3 to 2 and then...
Quote: Originally Posted by ameliabedelia I've been on both sides of the fence. We've had times where we didn't think twice about spending $30 or $40 on a night out, and times where we've agonized for $3. I will say that unless you've been in a situation where money is really tight, you really don't get it. I know I didn't. I totally didn't understand how some people wouldn't have $15 or $20 or whatever. And, then our situation changed and my...
Quote: Originally Posted by madcap150 I don't think you're screwed at all. If the company is measuring a rolling 12-month period backward from the date you use any leave, you will still have leave available, because you won't have used 12 weeks of leave during the previous 12 months. You are thinking that you have to have gone a full year WITHOUT using any leave, but that's not the case. Let's say your baby comes January 5 and you start leave that day....
nothing. we do have hobbies/frivilous expenditures, but those are, for the most part, joint or at least cleared with the other partner.
I just wanted to add, I"m hindu, and I'm familar with the idea of sacred objects that need to be respected and cared for. I would be absolutely livid if someone took one of my murti's because they felt that i wasn't caring for it properly.
Quote: Originally Posted by MeepyCat You are muddying this up, and if I had to guess, I'd guess that you're doing that because you don't want to do the simple, obvious, right thing. There is nothing in what you've posted that justifies you keeping another person's property when that person has (repeatedly) asked for it back. Pack the bowl up carefully and mail it to your ex-roommate ASAP. this. You took the bowl because it felt right...