or Connect

Posts by KDTBabyS613

Sorry, but I am not here to be anyone's punching bag.  I saw (and see) nothing inflammatory or insulting about the article I posted, and I do not wish to be attacked for sharing information on a message board.  Aggressive posters like that are the reason I avoid message boards in general, to be honest.  I don't care if people disagree with me (they often do), but I object to being yelled at for daring to attempt intelligent dialogue.  Quite frankly, I have a feeling I...
I guess this isn't going to be the place for me, after all.  Good luck to all of you with your pregnancies.
Not sure if anyone has seen this... It pretty much sums up the reasons we don't do routine, prenatal ultrasound.   http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/ultrasoundwagner.asp
Halloween is our first "intake" appointment (paperwork, insurance, etc.). and the day before Thanksgiving is our first real prenatal.  Not sure what will happen at that appointment, but I know what won't!  No internal exam and no doppler.  It will be pretty uneventful.  Oh, and I'm sure they will order bloodwork.
We waited for the fetoscope last time, too.  Didn't hear our son's heartbeat until 24 weeks.  No regrets.
I won't have a routine ultrasound this time.  Didn't last time, either.  Had one at 43 weeks as a legitimate diagnostic tool.  If there is a true medical indication for one, I will likely do it.  Otherwise, no.
We are planning a homebirth, as well.  Honestly, I just don't care what anyone has to say about it.  I am very good at politely but firmly shutting down any chatter.  Criticisms not accepted; sorry!  :)
We will tell our families on Thanksgiving.  Older son will find out the day before.  I will be 10 weeks on Thanksgiving Day, and both of our families live out of town, so the timing is close enough for us.
I was pretty happy with the way things went the first time, so I am following the same plan this time around.
Sorry...double post!