or Connect

Posts by Tracy Spackman

There are new articles about water consumption saying to eat your water. And not just cucumber and watermelon, cooked rice and white chicken meat both contain 60% water.  It all adds up. I'm not a cows milk drinker and never have been.  I don't miss it.  there are ton's of alternatives to getting the nutrients needed. Letting children eat as much or as little as they want and not force feeding is a great way to always let the body take what it needs.  Children do this...
Hi Ladies, I see this all the time.  I'm a sleep coach. The trick to gently stopping the night nursing is to stop the nursing to sleep.  I know, this is the scary part or you think, bedtime is not the problem.  Just the middle of the night is the problem.  I've  heard it all before.  The thing is the consistency.  How ever he/she falls asleep is what they need when they wake up between sleep cycles so if you nurse to sleep, they need to be nursed back to sleep.  If...
I can see why IdentityCrisisMama asked me to check out this thread.  You are all wonderful mothers.  Maybe I can help.  I'm a trained and certified gentle sleep coach. And I have 5 children. Crazy or Courageous? Cold turkey is such a harsh way to do anything, don't you think?    In behavioral science you see that as you change your behavior, your child will change their behavior.  In this type of situation anyway.  It's hard to make the change from responding in...
Hi You must be such a great momma. It's funny about you being on the East coast.  Most of the families I work with on on the East coast.  I know eastern standard time as well as my own.  Lol.  I get to work from home and do my consultations over the phone.  I'm on the phone A Lot!  It seems to be the popular thing in the East to have a sleep coach.  Up in Canada in Southern Ontario it's very popular to have someone even come in and do it for you.  I know how to do...
Hello Everyone I know a lot about sleep but not a lot about technology and chat groups, pages and computer stuff.  I have just barely figured out facebook this year.  http://www.facebook.com/QuietNights I saw a post on sleep coaching on this site from 2008 and thought "Is that what people think I do???? Yikes!" Well I am different. I don't do Cry It Out. If that's what you wanted to do, you don't need me. I support attachment. I support breast feeding as much...