or Connect

Posts by Froggie

Look on Craigslist in Orlando for cheap tickets. Lots of park employees sell their extra freebees. Also check ebay for vacation condo/house rentals. Lots of Internationally held vacation homes get rented by rental companies when not in use by the owners. Think about skipping disney for a day and checking out Rock Springs at Kelly Park, 1 hour north of Disney in Apopka FL. Its a really cool (72 degree crystal clear spring water alternative to all the theme park...
Quote: Originally Posted by blizzard_babe ......... I have a bit of a history of starting these things, getting overwhelmed by a minor setback, and then quitting because the mountain looks too high, so to speak. I have a feeling some of you ladies know what I'm talking about. OMG Blizzard - I sooo know what you mean! The mountain always looks so high and then I don't know why I procrastinate like I do. If I can remember to break something...
Sometimes bags under the eyes are symptomatic of food allergies. Dark circles too but they don't always happen in tandem - you can have one or the other or both. It is usually dairy. Hope he feels better soon!
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulaJoAnne The process can be smelly, but I add a few herbs and veges and that really makes a big difference. For some reason, I think its the marrow that smells the most, and yet its the tastiest part Paula To be the most versatile, it should be fairly plain I guess but the smell is not nice and the taste is strong too. Soooooo... I put in carrot, onion, garlic, celery, bay leaf, & parsley. It results in a more...
Wow! Sounds like a great house and it soulnd like you have put a lot of thought into it! Since so many decisouns are based upon your geographic location and what sells here in FL may not pass in Washington, I'd work with a local realtor to get some ideas before you get too attached to any plan. The trend here is still wood floors, reclaimed, bamboo or otherwise. Walls in a neutral other than white, with white trim. Exterior, black roof with mushroom house...
Are the stains located primarily on the front of clothing or distributed all over, including the back? I was having mystery oil stains that appeared after the dryer brought them out and it ended up being food stains on the kids clothes, cooking stains on my clothes, and polishing compound (fatty based) on Dh's clothing from work. We each had our own source but they looked very similar... my only clue was that they were all on the front side, so it made sense that...
The party is for your three year old? How about a mall party? Here in FL the malls all have indoor play areas and some of them are pretty fun. Afterward, you can go to the food court or central courtyard if there is one, for treats and presents. If your budget allows, and you're ok with it, you could even do ice cream or cookies from one of the mall vendors. Maybe they'd negotiate a group price for sundaes or something. Another mall thing that a play group I...
Quote: Originally Posted by heidirk So far so good, then. I hope you have the book you need. Here, this is for all of us. Someone told me to check out www.motivatedmoms.com it's pretty cool. I've used the Motivated Moms system before... like all things though, my issue is long term follow-through. I am considering a GIANT organizing area for my kitchen. Like a tack strip for school papers, an extra large calendar, and a bulletin board for...
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NoRedDye/ This group is pretty quiet but if you suspect or know that your child has reactions to colored foods, in addition to the Feingold Diet, check out this Yahoo Group. There are good links and supportive parents Just reading the archives helped me know that I was on the right track, since the behavior I was seeing was identical to what other parents had also observed in their children.
There is a great yahoo group about kefir making - they even have a place in the files section maybe, to exchange cultures with one another. Most are traditional dairy kefir but others make coconut, soy, rice, almond, and kombucha. The guy who runs it also has a site with pages and pages of info. His name is Dominic. HTH,