or Connect

Posts by scootles

I don't laugh or put down my son,this was my thought as I responded to the post at the time.You say I am mean,that is not fair to judge me,you do not know me,so what am I supposed to do just let him have what he wants to wear without consideration to others?I am highly asthmatic and have allergies to certain scents,especially that of strong stuff,now although I have not approved of him wearing AXE,I have compromised and bought him a lighter scent stuff,he thinks AXE will...
Yes,he always tells him what can happen if the behavior continues,but so do I?I don't think he does this to give him ideas,but to scare him from doing it again...as I do...I have tried to find a social skills class for him but there are not any for teens around. As for hating school,he does not like to work,period.Its either too boring or too hard.They have modified his work so now its just too boring..That is why I have homeschooled him for two years,but even here at ...
when school started in August my son was in the vice principals off ice about 4 times.(previously he was homeschooled for 2 years)so the teachers chalked it up to "testing"them to see what he can get away with,and geting used to school again.Well,one of the visits then was,he put up his middle finger to a teacher on bus duty....the vice principal then told him if he did it again,he would be suspended for 10 days.....months passed and no misbehaviors occured,until...
What would you do if your 15 year old got suspended from school for 3 days?What would be the appropriate punishment??
Yes,I understand but what do you do when he is delibratly defiant?Like going plasses without telling you,ending up in places where you have told him more than once he is not allowed to go? I aam tired of argueing with him but don't know how to give him disapline on these issues when grounding has become the norm and has no effect. The thing about the rain due to his medical issues he can't be in it for long anyhow,he has a low immune system and he would be the one who...
Hi! My son is 15 years old.He has developmental delays.frontal lobe and executive function delays,pshycomotor deficit and boarderline IQ. He also has medical disiblities that hinder him from doing things.He is in an semi seculuded classroom in school and is in the 9th grade.I am wondering what I should do here,when I don't let him do something,like stand out in the cold rain to wait for his grandmother to pick him up,he usually says something like,your so over...