or Connect

Posts by nerissav

Congratulations!
Can you remove me?  We've had an early miscarriage.
My mother is actually a medical imaging physicist (she handles all the hospital's ultrasounds, CTs, MRIs, x-ray units, etc.) and calculates fetal doses of radiation for patients.  She seems to think ultrasounds are quite safe.  I don't mind getting one at 12 or 18 weeks, but it would feel intrusive constantly getting them throughout the pregnancy.  I think I had one at 19 weeks or thereabouts last time? Last pregnancy I even had an x-ray done of my pelvis at 38 weeks!...
I think for me - my back is killing me and we should have waited to TTC for a few months.  I was just telling DH that if we didn't get a positive then we should wait.  I guess we got the positive.   I think I'm struggling in that I was highly considering moving back to the States for a while.  My dad's will is in probate and there are things that have to be done which shouldn't all fall on my mother's shoulders - like cleaning out and selling his house.  Also, I do...
I just found out that we are expecting #2 and I'd really like to cloth diaper this time, not the least because disposable diapers are really expensive here.   Problem is that we live in an apartment and don't have our own washer and dryer!  The washers and dryers here are shared and they dispense their own environmentally friendly soap (that you can't turn off) and have four cycles to choose from that are just temperatures - no other options.  They never ever get...
I got a faint positive on a wondfo and FRER today that even DH could see.  I guess it would be time to move to graduated even though I'm a little concerned that it is early at 11 dpo.  Well, hopefully it will stick.  
EDD:  July 2, 2013  (Cautiously pregnant) Your Age: 25, DH is about to turn 27 Your General Location:  Denmark This babe will be child #?: 2 How long have you been TTC:   A month Tell us a bit about your family (partner, other children, and/or pets):  DD is almost 4 and a bit of a live wire.   Anything else you'd like to share:  I'm sincerely hoping for a VBAC and an easier pregnancy this time.
  It might have been just me that gave just those two options, because they are the only two I believe in personally and the only ones that would be acceptable in my household.  What other people do is their own business.    I read something that statistically said that mothers under 22 fair no better than teen mothers.  I was 21 when I had my daughter and she wasn't my first pregnancy.  I felt perfectly capable of dealing with the situation.  My husband is the product of...
  I had specifically told her on several occasions that she wasn't to teach my daughter about Christianity.  She had also brought my daughter into church once!  I figure for her that it is so hard to break the religion from the cultural that she can't.  She can't see Christmas without talk of Christ or life events without a Christian overtone.  She tried to convince me that my daughter would be mocked for not being part of a mainstream religion....  Well, that is just her...
For me, I don't think teen pregnancy is all that bad.  I know that people can finish school and continue on with their lives.  I think family support is critical though.  If they don't feel like they can handle it - there is always adoption.   I had sex as a teenager and in many ways I regret it.  I don't feel like it was an awful and horrible thing, but the guys who I had sex with didn't respect me and probably just were driven by hormones.  I think part of waiting...