or Connect

Posts by lea2012

What a scare. Glad the baby is okay! 
I really like this recipe for red bean quinoa chili. I use canned beans to simplify/save time. Sometimes I add different types of squash or greens to it, or add avocado right before eating it.  I use about double the garlic and cumin than the recipe calls for, because I love garlic and cumin...   http://www.bastyrcenter.org/content/view/2177/
Oh, Wilhelmina, I'm so sad to read this. I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope you're able to take some time for self-care both physically and emotionally.
Fried - I'm so glad to hear you're home and feeling okay. Googling things is my go-to when I'm worried or bored and it can lead me down dark paths, so I hope you don't feel that way! Good that you got a preview of the hospital experience though! Are you definitely planning for a hospital birth?   Jam - I'm glad you're over here too! I'm so excited to be going through this next step with so many people that have been going through this long and winding ttc journey...
Ah...That makes so much sense. Thanks!
pookafaye and redrockband - thanks for the welcomes!   pook - that cake is impressive, especially considering everything else you have going on!   redrock - I hope your appointment with the midwife goes well and that she will be around for your birth!    My due date is October 13 - thanks for adding me to the list.   Any other getting-to-know you stuff I should be sharing? Here's a snapshot: This will be our first baby after about 18 months of trying (on and off)...
Oh no! I hope that you get just the right care you need at the hospital and that you recover quickly! Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
Wilhelmina - I was just having the same conversation with my partner last night as Happy Cianci, and lamenting that I don't have another appointment with the midwife until the end of the month. So, you're not alone in these feelings.   That being said - why not contact your midwife and see what she thinks?
Hi all - I'm excited to finally join this thread! I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm hoping that things go smoothly from this point forward with the pregnancy, but after 2 losses I'm finding it is hard to feel secure (which is why I've waited so long to jump over here from queer conceptions).   It will take me some time to catch up with the thread, but in the meantime, Fried - what a terrible thing to have to go through! I'm glad you are receiving such good care - so...
miramom - I was going to suggest Quinoa too, like Happy Cianci did...   I don't eat meat, except fish, but I sometimes have to prepare it for others since I have to cook a group dinner once a week for my job - I also have a hard time dealing with the raw stuff. I have found the crockpot to be a lifesaver for that because often I can often just open the package, drop the meat straight into the crockpot, give it a stir, and set it to go - by the time I have to deal with it...