or Connect

Posts by lea2012

Oh no! I hope that you get just the right care you need at the hospital and that you recover quickly! Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
Wilhelmina - I was just having the same conversation with my partner last night as Happy Cianci, and lamenting that I don't have another appointment with the midwife until the end of the month. So, you're not alone in these feelings.   That being said - why not contact your midwife and see what she thinks?
Hi all - I'm excited to finally join this thread! I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm hoping that things go smoothly from this point forward with the pregnancy, but after 2 losses I'm finding it is hard to feel secure (which is why I've waited so long to jump over here from queer conceptions).   It will take me some time to catch up with the thread, but in the meantime, Fried - what a terrible thing to have to go through! I'm glad you are receiving such good care - so...
miramom - I was going to suggest Quinoa too, like Happy Cianci did...   I don't eat meat, except fish, but I sometimes have to prepare it for others since I have to cook a group dinner once a week for my job - I also have a hard time dealing with the raw stuff. I have found the crockpot to be a lifesaver for that because often I can often just open the package, drop the meat straight into the crockpot, give it a stir, and set it to go - by the time I have to deal with it...
Jawaite! I'm so excited for you. And I also know all too well what cautiously excited feels like. I hope you have a great appointment next week!
So sorry to hear about the headaches! I've had some mild headaches (more than usual), but nothing like that. This might be old news for you, but it was new to me - my midwife gave me handouts about how much iron, calcium, and protein I should be getting each day and the best sources for those (I'm mostly veg, so have a little trouble with some of that) and she told me that getting lots of protein can help with headaches. I was surprised to learn that - maybe it will help...
jesepumpkin, thanks for starting the new thread!   I'm 12 weeks now and my nausea has almost entirely subsided and I'm feeling so much better about everything. That being said, blueridgemama and edubluv, I know what you mean about still worrying. (I also check the tp for blood every time too - I was just wondering to myself this morning when/if that habit will stop one of these days.) My next appointment is also at 16 weeks, so in the meantime I'm just trying to maintain...
Thanks for the input/insight! I did tell my boss and she was great about it - I'm still waiting to tell the rest of my colleagues, and thankfully my program is on break for a couple weeks...a whole other decision will be when I tell the students (teenage girls, some of whom are pregnant or parenting themselves) in my program.   Seastars - your experience reminded me of when I was student teaching in grad school - my co-teacher was pregnant and she told me pretty early...
I'm curious - for those of you who work outside the home, when are you telling your workplace?   I have meetings today to plan the expansion of my program over the next year and also to project the budget for next year, and I don't feel like I can have those meetings effectively without telling my boss.    I know she'll be very respectful and excited for me (she is one of the most compassionate and ethical people I've ever worked for, thankfully), but I can't shake the...
Wanted to share the news that we saw a heartbeat today at 11 weeks! We had a little scare when the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, but she assured us that it wasn't anything to worry about and she was able to send us for an ultrasound right away, so within 30 minutes we were seeing a flutter on the screen. It was such a relief! My partner and I both took today off work so that we could have the space and time to process whatever happened at the...