or Connect

Posts by lea2012

Thanks for the input/insight! I did tell my boss and she was great about it - I'm still waiting to tell the rest of my colleagues, and thankfully my program is on break for a couple weeks...a whole other decision will be when I tell the students (teenage girls, some of whom are pregnant or parenting themselves) in my program.   Seastars - your experience reminded me of when I was student teaching in grad school - my co-teacher was pregnant and she told me pretty early...
I'm curious - for those of you who work outside the home, when are you telling your workplace?   I have meetings today to plan the expansion of my program over the next year and also to project the budget for next year, and I don't feel like I can have those meetings effectively without telling my boss.    I know she'll be very respectful and excited for me (she is one of the most compassionate and ethical people I've ever worked for, thankfully), but I can't shake the...
Wanted to share the news that we saw a heartbeat today at 11 weeks! We had a little scare when the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, but she assured us that it wasn't anything to worry about and she was able to send us for an ultrasound right away, so within 30 minutes we were seeing a flutter on the screen. It was such a relief! My partner and I both took today off work so that we could have the space and time to process whatever happened at the...
pookafaye - good luck with everything you have going on! So glad you got to see that heartbeat!   Sandie - I know how hard dealing with loss can be - and when other stuff in life is challenging too coping mechanisms can be stretched thin...And the financial aspect of this process often just seems so unfair to me.   MrsSelfridge - how is your tww going? How long until you test?   mama - I'm sorry to hear about everything you and your lady have been going through. It...
I have my first appointment tomorrow also, and I'm also really nervous after two back-to-back miscarriages. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and my nausea pretty much stopped a few days ago too, but I've been assured that is pretty typical.   What time is your appointment? I'll hold you in my thoughts. Do you have a friend or someone who you could ask to go with you? Or someone you could try to make plans with for after the appointment so you could have something else to...
There have been so many ups and downs on this board...the uncertainty of the first trimester is so hard/   I have my first appointment with the midwife this coming Monday and I feel like these next four days are going to be eternal...I will be just 11 weeks on Monday, and my last mc started right at 11 weeks...we learned development had stopped when the midwife couldn't find a heartbeat and then we had an ultrasound for confirmation. I have so much trepidation about this...
I lived in Gardiner too for my first three years! Then I was an HR on Green Street, which was really different from living in the quad...
Congrats, Jam!! That is so exciting!   Jwaite - Thanks for asking - we have an appointment with our midwife next Monday - I'll be exactly 11 weeks, which will hopefully be far enough to hear a heartbeat on the doppler, but is also when we had our last mc, so things are kind of intense over here.    MrsSefridge - The tww is so hard! I liked it when people on this forum posted questions of the day for everyone to answer - it gave me something else to think about. I also...
Amy May- I think we went to the same college! No great advice on a dress except that you could go the skirt and top route... So many weddings! I'm going to need a cocktail dress for a wedding in early July - I'll be around 6-months at that point - and I feel like I won't be able to shop for it until right before.
Khalana - that does sound discouraging...but could it just be a little early to catch a heartbeat on a doppler? I think if I were in your position I would push to try to get an earlier appointment for an ultrasound, if I could. I hope you get some more information sooner, rather than later. I know how hard it is to be hopeful at all after recurrent losses, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe it was just a little early.