or Connect

Posts by taters

So much baby love!!!    Max is going on 10 weeks, 15lbs, and 25 inches.  If only time would slow down!!!
I wanted to write up a quick birth story for Maximus, both to share and to get it out in writing so it's not just swirling around in my head.  Having only a desktop has made it surprisingly (to me) difficult to spend much time on the computer.  But babe is sleeping at the moment and I'm feeling somewhat inspired.   Birth Story:   I went into labor Thursday the 20th....regular contractions starting around 8pm at about 10 minutes apart.  I spent some time alone...
Maximus was born Friday evening (solstice!!!) after 22 hours of labor.  9.2 lbs 21.5 inches......photos and birth story to come soon. 
Maybe baby for the solstice contractions 3-4 min apart for the last hour! Just in time for the 42week mark....hope things keep moving!
hmmmmm.....I don't know if I want to do castor oil.  Isn't just thinking about castor oil supposed to help?  haha.  I've been rubbing clary sage on my belly, walking, bouncing on my birth ball.  Might try sex again later tonight but my vulva got fairly swollen last time so that makes me a bit nervous.  Perhaps this baby is just a big procrastinator like his/her parents and will arrive at the very last minute :o) 
Starting to feel like this baby is never coming out.  41+5 today.....2 days until I won't be able to birth at the birth center anymore.  The membrane sweeping doesn't seem to have done anything.  I did wake up with an unusual amount of energy and have been cleaning the house/baking/organizing in bursts all day.  No significant contractions, no mucous plug....grrrrr.  Had a good long cry yesterday afternoon.  Trying to release expectations and keep myself occupied.  It's...
Jnajla-   if I go past 42 weeks I will have to birth at the hospital instead of the birth center....but will still be going to the birth center for non stress tests.  I'm going to try to avoid being induced unless there is a solid medical reason for it......
I haven't tried to check my cervix myself today, so it could be lower....but I'm not sure why it being it being lower would mean labor.  When your cervix effaces it's thinning upwards, so it would seem to me that it could be more difficult to reach (especially if you're reaching around a big belly).  My midwife certainly didn't have any issues, but she's coming at it from a better angle :o) 
Cocobird----I've been trying to check myself as well, but my cervix is just too high, and when it's lower I really can't tell what's going on except for that it's very very soft.  I might to some internet exploration today to see how other people do it.    Midwife today for another non stress test....baby looks happy and healthy.  I'm at 0 station and 3.5 cm dilated, which is encouraging.  She also swept my membranes which I was expecting to be really painful but was...
Thanks ladies!  I'm going to have my midwife strip my membranes on Monday (I have to go in for a non stress test) if the baby hasn't come yet.  Doing lots of resting today, hopefully will have sex tonight.  I've been cat cow and pelvic tilts for the last month as the baby was posterior, but had turned as of two weeks ago (and still seems to be in the right position).    My issue at the moment is that I noticed this afternoon that my inner labia are slightly swollen...