or Connect

Posts by SparkleMaman

Hippy Yes, with DD I had a day of on/off ctx but they became regular and didn't slow by day 2. They were also not this intense before the second day. I didn't actually deliver until into the third day. But I was so excited and sure birth was imminent, I hardly slept or ate for 3 days. Not ideal. I was term then. I see my MW Wednesday morning so, we'll see! My doula keeps reminding me to rest and try to conserve my energy. It's all a little frustrating. But as you said, it...
That's a great idea, Ultra!!   Just checking in :) Still riding the ups and downs of ctxs coming and slowing. They feel SO intense when they come in waves of 5-7 minutes but then when they slow to 10-15 minutes apart, I am unsure again. Thought we were getting close to heading to drop off DD and hit L&D several times last night. My doula is very glad I fell asleep and was able to get some rest in. Attempting to maintain my calm and accept that this baby boy is on his...
Hippy I did that but ctx actually picked up. They gained in intensity until about 10:30pm last night and then, while focused on my breathing and relaxing, I fell asleep!! Woke up (4 hours later) and they are moderately intense and still 5-7 min apart. Meks Thank you, mama. I will!! I am pretty excited while remaining calm. Focused on peaceful and powerful energy
Still contracting, about every 5-7 minutes. Getting more intense as the evening goes on, I need to stop what I'm doing. No bloody show. We shall see! I still think it could be days more...
Hippy Yes, you're correct. I can't deliver at my prefered location until next Saturday. I'm not trying to encourage this baby boy before then but these ctx are definitely different. Could, in theory go on for weeks though so, I am preparing myself emotionally for either way. I'd certainly rather he was born next weekend or later but wouldn't be panicked if active labor starts at this point. I'm feeling like it's probably going to happen soon.
100%mom Considering I didn't think we'd even get close to term after our preterm labor scare 6 weeks ago, I feel really awesome about it!! Wow, an hour and 45 minutes!! Wow! My DD was posterior and I had a marathon labor last time, 52 hours. When we set goals with our doula a few months ago I said I was really hoping for anything less than 12 hours. Obviously, it is completely out of my control but I can hope I am really excited to see our DDC babies too!! I've been...
Per my official EDC, not until next Saturday, 10/19. But I know I ovulated on 2/14, which puts it next Thursday. I am also sure baby implanted early. All my ultrasounds, including an early first trimester scan, put my EDC at 10/30. So I feel pretty comfortable we're good anytime now!
Hippy I had hoped Meks and I could meet up at the Labor Day Birth Rally but my little one had other plans (as I was in the hospital). Maybe some time closer to delivery or after!! I've known plenty of mamas with babies engaged early and having ctx go to term. Don't get too focused on that, though I am sure the discomfort makes that hard to do!! I plan to cosleep but I do have a pack 'n play to set baby bean down. If he can be put down, that would be great but I am not...
Congratulations, Sphinxy!! So happy for you and your DW. Can't wait to hear more about your sweet little boy
Amber Most nights I fell back to sleep easily, occasionally not. For me the interrupted sleep was very difficult but I know DD would have (and then did when she slept on her own) wake and if she were in her own bed, require me to get up to comfort her/attend to her needs. Also, once in her own bed, DD did not fall back asleep as easily (meaning I could not fall back asleep as easily or quickly).   The sex issue was never an issue for us. We always found ways to be...