or Connect

Posts by susienjay

That is the form that I'd already given the school.   I wound up e-mailing the principal and she said she wasn't aware that my dd's doctor was called and she is looking into it.  I felt I needed to go above the nurse because I anticipated trouble based on the nurse's behavior in August over the exemption.  She had repeatedly tried to get me to take my dd for shots and I just kept repeating over and over again to please file her exemption.  I don't think she really...
My dd is in kindergarten in MD and I turned in a religious exemption for her this summer. She is partially vaxed but we only have religious exemption here. The school nurse called me that she'd lost the form but before that she had contacted my dd's pediatrician about it. Is this allowed? She also mentioned she wanted to fax a copy of her vax exemption to her doctor. It doesn't seem like this should be allowed but I can't seem to find anything specific to this. The...
They won't take titers on Tdap so I think we'll definitely need to do the religious exemption.  We're planning to run titers through our DAN this month for MMR just to see where they are at.   Do I need to do anything other than sign the religious exemption form?  For Maryland it's the very bottom part of the vax record page.  I've heard of people being told it needs to be notarized.  I just don't want trouble.  My dd is also a student there and she has a vax record on...
I have a 4 year old son with Autism.  He wasn't vaxed at all until he was 2 years old.    He was speech delayed from the get go but right before he turned 3 we caught him up to go to preschool and that is when he had a big regression.   I definitely do not want to do any more vaxes for him but he currently has a vax record on file at school.     The school nurse called a couple weeks ago to tell me he must get another MMR before age 5.  I told her that he had a...
When I had my 29 weeker my supply dipped around 3-4 weeks after she was born to around 2 ounces a day. I switched to only using the hospital grade pump (I used a pump in style once I got home and that seemed to be part of the problem) and pumped every 20-30 minutes during the day if I was able. I wouldn't do as long but the increased frequency seemed help. Around the time she came home (6 weeks old) I was getting more but only enough for maybe 2 bottles each day. I...
I'm going to use Right Start B with my 6 year old twins this year. We've only done 4 lessons but I like the format of it and I think we will like it. I got it for my son because he seems somewhat advanced for math and I wanted something that would challenge him. The only part I'm not liking is the first 15 or so lessons look very simple and I think they are to get the kids up to speed using Right Start techniques. It looks more challenging after that but I can tell my...
I did the P17 injections with my youngest son. He was born 8 days before his due date. Before I had him I had 32 week twins and a 29 week dd. My 29 weeker was due to a placental abruption which I was told I had a 10% change of having again. I wound up with no trouble at all with ds though. His pregnancy was probably one of my easiest of my 5 pregnancies. The P17 injections made me kind of uncomfortable but not too bad. It wasn't until we got close to week 30 and I'd...
32 week ds (twin)- pumped 6 weeks then mostly breastfed except for 1 bottle of formula a day with his meds for about a month and was able to drop the bottle- breastfed until 19 months 32 week dd (twin)- pumped around 9 weeks then transitioned to nursing exclusively- breastfed until 19 months 29 week dd- pumped 12 weeks and transitioned to nursing exclusively over the next few weeks- breastfed until 10 months old (I was pregnant and was strongly advised to wean her...
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft I only have indepth information on one of the cases (a death): unvaccinated, breastfed and homeschooled. We will be reading more about this story in the paper soon, or so I am told. The five MN cases were not in day care. We know that the one case with 3 doses that turned out to have an immune deficiency that made vaccination worthless was breastfed (recent news article where she was featured) but that is all we...
Quote: Originally Posted by momma_bear I'd be OK with New Zealand but when I called MedImmune (they produce Synagis) they said they also sometimes source the proteins from Australia and U.S. The U.S. has been criticized for not properly testing for BSE so I don't trust that source. That being said, I think the theoretical risk of BSE is probably remote vs the much more immediate risk of complications from RSV. I will probably get the...