or Connect

Posts by orangeiron

thanks for the responses, there is just so much conflicting advice out there, I get scared I'm going to mess something up. I am going to start with running and see where that gets me. I would love to take a class, but that won't happen for awhile, with three kids and the baby is only 2 months old.
DS is 2 months now and I would like to start exercising, but I am scared of messing with my separated muscles. Can I run? Can I do workout videos? He is number 3 and I am done having babies, I would like to not look like this forever. Thanks
i just checked it out of our library, don't know if that is a possibility for you.
Yelling happens, it's what comes after that counts, I think. When I do lose my cool, I make sure to talk to them afterwords about why I yelled and explain if I was tired or hungry or just frustrated. This helps them understand their own anger when they feel it. It is also good for them to see you are not perfect you are human and it's OK. I apologize for yelling and try to have some hug/snuggle time. Usually my almost three yo will then tell me for the rest of the day...
she's never, um, 'done it' in the nude, I was just saying those parts aren't exactly private to her at the moment. thanks playamama, that made me feel better, I just have such a fear of messing her up....
Thanks for the responses. I try to talk to her about doing it private. She is a very stubborn and headstrong child (she gets it from me) and just does it anyway. She doesn't get why she shouldn't do it in the living room. And those parts aren't really private when she runs around nude and I wipe her butt and such. It is always good to hear about others' experience with this, does it slow down at some point? I suppose it is different with every kid...
personally i think 2 is too young for any kind of tv/movies. we let our 6 yo watch movies when she is sick, but can't really keep them from the 2 yo and it literally seems to take her months to process what she saw. it is not a medium they are equipped to handle and watching more isn't going to make it better, it's going to either make it worse or desensitize which i think is even worse. it is so nice to have those moments of freedom, you need to weigh the pros and cons...
DD has been humping things since she could get on them, maybe around 9mos old. At first we honestly thought she was just putting pressure on her belly so we started calling it 'belly thing' which is what we still call it. I have never really minded and I know it is perfectly normal, but lately it has gotten obsessive. She does it all day when we are at home and really goes at it and drools and gets all red in the face. It is too much for me to handle. I don't feel...
First of all I highly recommend the book 'Adventures in Tandem Nursing' It really helped, it has a little bit of everything. As far as what to do when the baby comes with the older one, I would just trust that kids are smarter than we give them credit for (or more intuitive I should say). They know that babies need mama's milk and although they may resist sharing what they feel is theirs, if it is presented in a very matter if fact way with no other options then that's...
My dd had cavities on her front teeth and the dentist (who is otherwise a good dentist) told me to nightwean and that the breastmilk was causing the decay. That just didn't make sense to me and I found out I was right. There was a study done to see the effect of breastmilk on teeth (soory I don't have a link for it). Basically breastmilk has the same effect as water , but breastmilk and food together are the worst. So if you just carefully brush your child's teeth...