or Connect

Posts by Maprilynne

Well, I don't have any new suggestions for you, just empathy. I'm 12 days overdue and am doing castor oil today on midwife's suggestion. Having done two rounds after puking up the first, I'm feeling pretty miserable too. Went through the drive through today and lovely woman asked when I was due and I said, "12 days ago." And it was hilarious, she goes, "Awwww, twelve day . . .  ago???!!?!?" And immediately smiles and say, "Well any time then. It will be...
Yeeeeeeessss!!!! I am almost exclusively a lurker (sorry!) but thought I'd post now because . . . well, because I'm 41+1 and am pretty much done. I had several hours of labor last night and at 1:00AM told my mom I was going to try to sleep a little more, but that this was definitely baby day.   I'm still pregnant.   And tomorrow is my anniversary. The one day I don't want my daughter born on.:( But after tomorrow, I will officially be pregnant longer than i ever...
I wonder if this would give you a good excuse if you start getting pressure from someone like a back-up OB for going past 41 weeks. One of those "Well, we should start thinking about a c-section." "Oh, no need. I'm scheduled already." "Oh . . . Okay."   *shrug* That was my first thought.
I don't know what it is that i get while pregnant, but technically, it is not GD. However, it mimics all the symptoms of GD. (Big baby, blood pressure, polyhydramnios, etc.) ending with a rather scary situation with my third child including hemhoraging from a distended uterus and a nearly 11 pound child. (Not necessary a complication, but considering he was over two pounds larger than my next largest child, definitely out of the ordinary for me.) So this pregnancy, right...
This is sheer conjecture: I suspect it is like the difference between alcohol and rubbing alcohol. My homebirth supply list had "Olive oil or cold-pressed castor oil" and I noticed on your link that this bottle says cold-pressed. perhaps that is what makes the difference?? But if it says do not ingest, I would . . . not ingest.
Quote: Originally Posted by nova22 Person 1: "Are you having twins?" Person 2: "Why do you ask?" Person 1: forced to say "because I think you look gigantic" or "because I'm nosy" or an awkward "oh, just curious" while suddenly realizing the rudeness of the question. OMG that is brilliant! I am SO using that next time!!!!! (I get asked ALL the time and it pisses me off every time.)
The call as to whether or not it is safer for the baby to be out or in is ultimately a decision you are going to have to make by connecting with your mama's intuition and your baby, but IF you do decide it's time for him to come out, I have seen a fairly high rate of success with breaking water as a form of "induction" that does not bring on the hard contractions (and thus the higher risk of rupture) that pit does. Would your doctor consider that? How about a Foley thingy...
Braids and buns! I have waist-length hair and LOVE it!! However, I only wear it down for special occassions because of my kidlettes. Ponytails are generally not enough for me, I need this stuff contained!! But I have had short hair and find that not only is it harder to care for (i.e. you have to do it every day--I admit, I have been known to put my hair in a quick bun after bathing and forget about it for the rest of the day.) but when I do just clip it back or whatever,...
This may be totally off, but it was kinda my first thought: if your DH is an only child and his mom was kind of doting, do you think it's a bit bothersome to her to discuss the evidence that her little boy is having sex? *hides* Some moms are weird like that. Other children aren't so bad because they could, technically, have come from anywhere. But when the baby is in your womb, there's only one way for it to have gotten there.
I had both of my boys turn (one breech, one transverse) at the very, very end of pregnancy. (Breech at 37 weeks, tranverse at 41 weeks.) Spinning babies is awesome, especially if you have time to do it for several days, but my experience has been that if you want quicker results, add ice! Lying with my hips higher than my head with a bag of frozen peas on my BB's head got him turned form breech in about 15 minutes. With my transverse guy, I had my midwife show me where...