or Connect

Posts by mwherbs

Sorry tried to edit previous post but my ipad just isnt connecting right Meant to say no increased damage due to increased blood volume, some early higher bili levels that seem elevated but they dont stay on the increase...
Were term , it mostly reflects to some degree the differing management styles and hosptial policies... My first was born in a smaller hosptial, the second at a big Kasier hospital in a city. In any case when i just looked at my facebook page this article was in recently liked by a friend of mine. Covers the details about delayed clampng. No big harm to large increase in excess bili is what the studies are saying and they have their own speculation as to...
Since i looked at the wonder pages for the years that were compared in the MFM journal to see what range of risk births were recorded and atributed to midwives other than CNMS They included preterm births as well as term births including twins, and I am sure there were twins that never had an ultrasound- because we know that there are plenty of refusers out there, and to my surprise there were some triplets born OOH.... I am not saying any of this is best practices,...
Here you can see what the range is, there is a tool I am trying to locate, they may have turned it into an app http://www.medicalhealthtests.com/articles/337/general-articles/bilirubin-chart-for-newborn.html My older hospital born children were kept in the hospital for different lengths of time because of ABO incompatability jaundice, my oldest who was term was kept under lights at day 3 with a bili level of 15, it never went over 15 My second at day 3 had a level of...
There are caculations that have been gathered over time, historically during all this early cord clamping so that on hour 15 the bili should be this and at 27 hrs the bilirubin should be this number... Babies are put under lights at different levels of bili, depending on , gestational age, and hours after birth... 20 is not the magic number it once was. In any case there is now a data base that has skewed numbers because of all the early clamping and we dont know what is...
Twins have a higher death rate in the hospitals with the management that is provided there. what would need to be compared is twin births and deaths in each setting deliberate home births to deliberate hosptial births. Rather than making an assumption that all outcomes are worse at home,
I see the distinction, since I have had celiacs diagnosed for the last 25 years I really havent kept up with terminology changes /distinctions. I have used the terms interchangably. It is just something to rule out if you have ITP...
So there is also a potential for gluten intolerance to effect the spleen and platelets, it would be something to rule out. Infact any one with a problem that may be autoimmune in origin could also have gluten intolerance. My father has psoriasis, and that lowers his folate by increased utilization... Pregnancy is a healthy increase in utilization, for mom and baby... Blood volume expansion and baby growth. Thyroid function can alter absorption in the small intestine...
Placenta accreta/increta have been reported in the lit as still being found 6 months after birth when conservative management was used... So I guess it could be possible that there would be some tissue left a year after, or it could be something else like long term build up from anovulary cycles...
On platelet levels, the local birth center will still do a birth in the center with platelets at 75. My cut off is 100... Something to mention that is in the hemotology textbooks is folate . Low platelets can occur from low folate and it doesnt even have to be testing low to effect platelets can be still within normal range- a few women I have seen have successfully altered their platelet levels by taking sublingual high doses of folate, there was on gal it did nothing...