or Connect

Posts by mwherbs

I talked with someone in Oregon and 2 of the deaths were second twins... The births and deaths occured after transfer to the hospital- except for one baby was born at home.
We have a 7 day deadline- not 7 working days 7 days from the birth. We file paper- hospitals file direct-via-computer. So they arent taking in a sheaf of papers for the parents to fill out, at some point the parents have to sign something- but have you seen what they have to sign, probably a dozen things not including the billing info...
Have the facts been checked? How? With the births being just last year probably every midwife or mom could say so There is a unique issue with anyone who attends births outside of the hospital- how is double filing avoided or prevented when there is overlap? Mothercat you say you do birth center births how are you sure your clients that you transfer are not having double filing? What i have been told in my state after complaining about it for years is well you have...
Here is a worktable on neonatal and post neonatal deaths that occured in 2007- what is illustrative on this table is that by day or groupings of days the death rates are presented- so there are totals for day 2,3,4,5,6-13..... And from days 28- 1 month.... This 2-3 day period has a very high death rate... And is not part of the neonatal death stats... http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/MortFinal2007_Worktable264a.pdf
Again the CDC wonder pages are just now publishing 08 info, data sets that are more current run the risk of identifying info- the same would be incredibly true of mana stats- and I knew the details about one of the deaths in the Johnson and Davis study, even though it occured in the midwest far from me the details were unique enough . The CDC also does some back checking trying to match birth and death records the info is NEVER 100% correct. MANA stats- i think it is...
You cant get current year stats that specific even from the CDC- because the parties can be identified And because of that I was wondering about he 6 losses last year in Oregon, are the numbers true? i have had hospitals file duplicate birth certificates for babies I have transfered - and that includes all the blinded data, so we may be able to stop the baby from getting 2 birth certificates. Although one time that even happended, there is just enough difference in the...
Malpractice is not the main issue, if it were then places like the Netherlands would not be having trouble with transfers - probably something to do with cluture... Like the studies that show workers in department stores - resent and even prevent customers from purchasing things in their departments- What happens when a mom has a good relationship with one physician in a practice but not the others, the docs dont honor each others practices for the most part , so why would...
and I am going to persist in being a pest about this -- there are tricky ways that neonatal mortality is being skirted-- so I think that there needs to now be an expanded definition of birth related deaths and instead of logging  only the first 28 days it needs to be  clearly defined   -- here is a CDC report on neonatal and infant mortality and you can see that the first 4  causes of infant ( post neonatal) mortality are birth related- either anomalies or just not able...
here is  link to the more recent UK birth place study-      http://www.netscc.ac.uk/hsdr/files/project/SDO_FR4_08-1604-140_V03.pdf
Sorry post studdering