or Connect

Posts by mwherbs

We fill out an extensive database for each client- part of the licensing up keep, something they can cross check on to be sure that we are following all of the laws/ protocols written into law- 3 pages currently will be 4 soon- part of the new rules would be that within 30 days of booking must have the intended backup and intended transfer hospital
First 12 hrs, second 1 hr, 3 rd and 4 th much longer.. So this baby could be what ever short or long prepare for both.
Right now in my state the paperwork proposal is that within 30 days of booking a client we have to report to the state info on that client and the intended physician back up and hospital that will be used in case of emergencies... They plan to be tracking everything from 5 weeks on...
It is good that Ohio has a clear set up on this and hopefully the instructions to who ever fills them out are clear . . It has not been the case in my state, or when they did that old Pang study in Washington state- . And in my state there are ways for both death and birth certificates to be double reported, and all the blinded info that goes to the cdc will be somewhat duplicated- i say somewhat because when they fill out the paperwork in the hospital they often say NO...
I think it only gives part of the picture, what if a vbac mom intends to give birth at home but at say 20 weeks she if found to have complete previa- and is followed ever after by the docs, and she has an abruption and a late loss . Her intent early in pregnancy was home but with a complete previa that stayed so near term. There are additional confounders to this plan as well such as people who transfer care but refuse to cooperate with medical recommendations,...
I agree the water decreases the concentrated bacteria there is when doing a land birth.
Sorry
Sounds uncomfortable, the older days we were shaved and given HIGH enemas because thru the course of labor there is time for more to move down- our intestines are pretty long. Many women will have a little bit of loose bowels when going into labor and that may clear the way before hand. I have only seen one woman who had alot of poop and she has it every baby we have caught- she must have very intense constipation in pregnancy is all i can say. And if you do have...
I have had emergency transfers that i would have transfered in private car had I known it would take so long. The worst was 5 min from the hospital- they got lost and parked in the middle of the intersection about 1 block away when they finally got close enough- GPS failure maybe i dont know, anyway I saw the flashing lights and went out and yell down the street to them- then they unpacked and were very disorganized- wanted to stand around- The thing is that with...
Canadian midwives when they were included in that study were still CPMs and that is why they entered their own data into the data base Mothercat. So the thing is that breeches and twins are higher risk both no matter which way the babies are born, c- section or vaginal births. For twins the majority are born via c-section before term and they have a very high death rate- also once you get a set of very small numbers it is hard to say if it is artifically high or low or...