or Connect

Posts by Anglyn

No, I'm sorry, the article by no means said these were the ONLY four cases out of millions. The article was about what happens if you get it, and these were the stories that were used as examples. So if three out of four cases resulted in deaths, thats huge. But if there were 300 other cases they COULD have profiled that didn't, then the death rate isn't that high, is it? That's my issue, not enough true information. Grrrr. And while yes, on the issue of how...
Yes, I've done some research and I'm sufficiently scared crapless of the idea of my child getting this, you can have some mild flu like symptoms one night and be dead by the next morning, it's very fast and deadly but the first symptoms are flu like and so often dismissed. What I'd like is actual odds that my child could catch this. What I find repeatedly is "even though the odds of catching it are very small". I found that the incident of guillian barre syndrome is...
Quote: Originally Posted by canadiannancy Pixie, thinking of your little one makes me want to hug mine, intaed of want to strangle them tonight....Kids were in bed...I heard a sound, went upstairs and was speechless. They had emptied every toiletry we owned all over the bathroom. The walls, the tub the floors the door....toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, baby oil, body scrub and creams which I cannot rebuy(no funds) And they were laughing like...
I don't think you should ignore abuse if you know that it is occuring. Sigh. However, if the mom won't admit to it, what can you do? I was once in an abusive relationship and I also acted like everything was perfect because at the time (I was only 20) having anyone know would have been embarrassing and humiliating and there was just no way I would have admitted it. However, just be her friend, so that if and when she's ready to talk, she CAN! Be non judgmental about her...
Another vote for no playdates at their home. You said you already felt uneasy about sending her there even before this. You don't have to know WHY you feel that way, trust your instincts, they pick up on things your conscious mind overlooks! Have you read "Protecting the Gift" by Gavin De Becker? Really, really good book about listening to your instincts and why you should!
That's great!!
Quote: Originally Posted by pokeyrin Our situation is similar to yours and DH has been a SAHD since I returned to work after my 12 week maternity leave. We do ok on my salary (it's amazing when you learn to live with less) and it's really not easy but DH gets occasional work and so it's a nice influx of money. Currently DH is working on getting a degree as he is changing careers (free tuition through my job). In the beginning it was tough as we had...
That's funny. The letter from the highschool says it is REQUIRED for college entrance. Shouldn't surprise me.This is the same school that repeatedly tried to get me to give him a vax he already had, even though I took them his shot record three times. Easier on them for him to just retake it than to update their paperwork I guess. (My oldest was vaxed back before I realized I had a CHOICE). Of course, the school is offering to give the vax. I had a friend who got...
Pros and Cons? My oldest is graduating, in Texas you have to have the meningitis vax for college. I haven't researched this one. Anyone have any ideas/comments/suggestions/anything?
I know exactly why you're upset. It was the "She's so smart comment" that's what we call a back handed compliment. Look at the context, he told you how smart she was as a means of explaining why now is a good time to transition to ps. In other words, she is too smart for YOU to teach her anymore. Implying that you are....? Dumb? Uneducated? Don't have a teaching degree? Who knows, but the implication is that you can't or are not doing it. That may or may not have been his...