or Connect

Posts by Anglyn

My dh actually flinched when Cam ran into to get the baby and Mitchell made him go right back out. Poor baby thinks he's coming then he doesn't, that's even worse!! I did get the idea that Mitch agreed Cam can go to her when she cries, but since he didn't want to always be the bad guy, Cam agrees to always be the one to make her eat her vegetables etc. at least that was my take on it.
oh biscuit! Nevermid.
Quote: Originally Posted by UmmIlyas We have the opposite situation - I'm Anglo, and hubby is a very olive skinned, dark-haired Arab. Our DS is the spitting image of his Baba, but DD is as Irish as she can be! Flaming red hair, light skin, and grey eyes. Her Baba is often met with strange looks ("did that Muslim man just steal that baby?") if he walks around with her. I tease him and say people think he's the Manny. D. LOL. My best...
Quote: Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi I'm white and dh is asian. Dd looks just like dh. When dd and I are out without dh, people ask her if she is adopted. Wow. Just wow. Even if I were sure a child was adopted I would not bring it up! How you handle that information with your child is a very personal issue! This floors me. Quote: Originally Posted by jenn09 im black my daughter is bi racial she is very light when people...
My step sister has her three year old riding in a regular seatbelt. Because "he's almost forty pounds anyway". She tried to tell me they don't make car seats for kids heavier than 40 lbs. Yeah, really, cuz the ones in my car are good up to 100. She just looked at me and insisted he doesn't need it cuz he's almost forty pounds and all those car seats stop at 40lbs. No, what did I JUST say? After the fourth time she repeated the same exact line it was obvious she wasn't...
I actually read an article that said for any given couple with four children, the most common combination is three of one and one of the other. Not two or each or all of one. It didn't say WHY this is so, just that it is. Of course, not sure how that translates to two.
You know, I live in Texas, which isn't usually credited with open mindedness. However, when I go places with just me and my best friends kids, who are black while I am white, I get tons of compliments on "my" beautiful daughters. No one has EVER asked IF they were mine, but assumed that they were. Now I had a friend who was white, married to a man who was Hispanic and they had two ds's. The kids honestly didn't look like they were the same race, much less brothers....
Isn't it funny how the same children who can't hear you screaming at point blank range can hear a soda can pop open or a candy wrapper rattle from the other end of a house full of noise? Interesting phenomena.
I can answer that. Maybe. Before I knew the REAL reason for rf, I just assumed it was because they couldn't sit up yet, so they have to use the infact carriers and lay down. My first child struggled against laying down and if they have rf seats that sat upright back then, (18 years ago) I didn't know it. I just knew he hated having to lay down and so at 20lbs I turned him around. It wasn't the ff I was after, it was the sitting upright and car rides went from screaming...
Am I the first to reply? That's never happened!! :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!