or Connect

Posts by Anglyn

I shared a room with my brother who was six years younger than me most of my life with no issues. Obviously I think wanting/needing privacy comes more when kids are older. We have five bedrooms and the two oldest each have their own while the three youngest share. At six, four and two they don't want to be alone, heck they all still sleep in our bed anyway. I understand that she would want them to have their own space, but could they not maybe convert a garage or attic...
I get really ticked when total strangers do stuff like this: My two year old spilled his milk and is now sitting in the floor right next to our booth playing with the empty milk bottle. Yeah, yeah, sure I will clean it up in a minute but I was actually eating in peace for a change, he wasn't hurting anyone, the spill wasn't in anyones foot path so no danger. I totally get how someone else would see it as gross, but still, my kid, my choice right? This lady I've never seen...
Quote: Originally Posted by gcgirl Totally depends on who, what, and how many. I have friends who don't want to let DS touch ANYTHING, and it's a PITA to go over to their houses. I usually allow it though unless it's making him TOO upset or if people seem angry when they say it, because I'm a big believer that DS has to learn to live in a world with OTHER PEOPLE, and not all other people are as reasonable as I am. This is why we don't go to my...
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama Not exactly. I could "sense" that she saw me as a mother in need of her help in learning to "be the adult" with my child. On one occasion, she rather "casually" talked to me about how important it is to expect our children to rise to our expectations. She said they really will do what we expect them to ... and though it was casual ... yeah, I could tell that she thought I was in need of some expert...
To me, everyone is making this way to complicated and it's turned into a debate over respect, boundries, imaginative play, teacher stress and the kitchen sink, lol!! To me, and maybe it's just me, but to me the bottom line is this: Baby, for better or worse, given name or nickname, is her name. That's the bottom line. She is called Baby. By family, by friends, by herself. That makes it HER NAME. I don't understand how it is disrespectful of the teachers boundries to ask...
I'd like to start by stating right up front that four is still in the land of "babyhood" imho. Second, "Babe" is/can be REAL name, I've known people who had it on their birth certificates! And while the first time I heard it I thought it was odd, since I also see it as a term of endearment, I don't think I have a right to call the person something else because I think it's weird. If it's a given name or a nickname, it's there NAME. My name is Angela, it would upset me if...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie Hey mamas-- sorry I haven't been around. I've been licking my wounds a bit and feeling sorry for myself. Then I realized I was crampy and probably PMSing. Luckily my husband bought a giant chocolate bar and left it in the car. It's mine now, sucker! Anyway, things are kicking into high gear for Christmas. We're also coming up on our 15th anniversary this week! Unbelievable. We always make a cake and celebrate...
I love my double stroller! When my youngest was born I used it for busy places where I needed to contain the kids, like a busy mall where I didn't my runner to escape me, I wore the baby and pushed the two older kids. Now, there are times we take the stroller and the kids dont even sit in it, I use it for the stuff, lol! We like to go to outdoor festivals and stuff like that. I end up carrying three kids worth of crap: drinks, food, souvieners, toys they brought, twigs...
I am an EI worker and we recieved the following email at work: Friends we have a little boy who needs our help. He was born in Eastern Europe in January of '09. He is a precious little one who was born with a cleft lip and palet. He is otherwise in really good shape. However, because of his cleft, his parents were not able to raise him. We need a family who is ready to adopt and has their homestudy completed. He needs to find a family soon. Please forward this...
I see that the email does not specify 30 days, but is what a coworker who was looking into it told me. She would like to do it but just completed an adoption and is due with a baby in two weeks and they don't have room until they sell thier house and buy a new one.