or Connect

Posts by Anglyn

SAHM is the hardest job ever and anyone who doesnt know that, has never done it.
I was also curious about if the other toddlers were babbling or if someone just decided that all kids must go. Now, of course, if the couple want no kids there, they can say so and its that simple. I had a friend whos brother got married and the bride insisted she be a bridesmaid but no kids at the wedding. She could not leave her breastfeeding infant in texas for three days while she went to anothe state nor did she know anyone there that could babysit since all the...
I have been on both sides of this fence. With ds1 I was a sah mom and yes, I heard all of that, that I wasnt doing anything (at least nothing important). You'd think I was Peg Bundy, watching oprah and eating bonbons all day (except that we had no tv or treats like bonbons on a very tight budget!) I also had a sil who thought I was there to drop her kid off with when the mood hit her, to run her errands for her, etc, since I had nothing else to do all day. Now my ds1...
I tend to agree that silence was the best response. I felt totally supported by dh's family.
Some kids just are better sleepers or earlier sleepers. But I know a mom right now who does NOT cosleep and her child wont sleep anymore than my oldeset cosleeper did. Shes tried laying down with her, walking her, rocking her, locking her in her room to scream (oh cio) etc. and nothing works, shes 2.5 and still wakes up several times a night. So I think its more the child than the sleeping arrangments. Oh, and just for the record, I was put in my room alone and firmly...
So we are at a little family get togather that dh's aunt and uncle have each year. This woman shows up who is like a second cousin of dh's or something (her grandma and his grandma were sisters) and no one has seen her in like 12 years. She brought two men with her that no one knew and left them outside while she went in, so for the first thirty minutes everyone is thinking that they are total strangers and why are they here? Finally she says oh thats my bf and his friend....
Ok, so over there years there have been tshirts of my oldest child that I could not get rid of (the others are still little, so Im sure they'll have those too). You know, shirts from places we've been or groups he was in, memories. I thought of a patchwork quilt but have been told that the fabric is too thin for that. Maybe if I sewed the shirts to something else first? Or, any OTHER ideas? My exmil made a pillow for ds out of an old shirt. But that was one. I have like...
That sound like so much fun!
My mom said the same thing and heres why I disagree: Jin did not have that job prior to meeting Sun, he was a doorman and before that a fishermans son. So Im really confused...
She is one messed up kid. But even though I think Tom isnt taking her being a threat seriously enough, I can understand how he cant turn his back on her, this is his child. Could you choose between your child and your spouse?