or Connect

Posts by Anglyn

I voted "cool". It took me two pages of reading to understand the diffrence between cool and full. To me, wool, cool and full all rhyme. Then someone asked if we were pronouncing full "fool" well no. Then I thought about it, with my texas twang I guess Id be closer to pronouncing fool as "full" and cool with a shorter vowel as in full. So in retrospect maybe I do pronounce wool like full, but is it suppose to be more like cool, with a longer vowel and I use the...
I think that he assumed you wouldnt want to go, given that you have the baby to care for. When you assumed a ticket was for you, he asked about the baby, probally honestly confused about where the baby would be if you went. His hope was that you would, at that point, say oh yeah and decline to go. Im just guessing here. It probally wasnt meant to exclude you, he just assumed you couldnt go because he isn't used to women with mobile babies!! Myself, for instance, I...
How cool! I'd never know, Im not good with recognizing people at all, even those I know!!
Kids here started in early august and will go through eary june, so summer vacation is now about two months. When I was a kid it was every bit of three as we started in sept and got out in may. Our local elementary has a three year old class, as part of the public school system. Some school districts have daycares attached now. Heck, just attached a maternity ward and you can spit 'em right out into a classroom!
I work full time as well, so does dh. DD is just about to turn five and Im not real worried about kindergarten but I do panic sometimes when I start thinking about higher grades, even though I lean toward unschooling. And I constantly have to defend it to others who dont understand how I can do it at all and seem to think its an eight hour a day job. ON days when I come home so tired I just want to watch tv, I feel guilty that Im neglecting thier education. Even though...
My step sister suggested this when I suggested homeschooling for my adhd nephew. She wouldnt be paying me though and would probally expect me to go pick him up everyday (thirty minutes away). I agree, not sure it's legal, may depend on where you are. Now, in texas, you could just open a private school......
The wonders of bm never cease! You know you can put it into eyes and ears to cure infections? I have used it succesfully cure my kids of pinkeye. Its good on cuts too. And I have snuck it to my five year old when she was sick too! Mixed it into her cows milk I did!
If he was social to get you, then stopped being, consider that he is just reverting to form. In other words: he will be social til he gets a new woman, then he'll stop again because lepords dont change thier spots. Besides, its easy to think other relationships are better than they really are when you are only looking in from the outside. Years ago when my very antisocial ex who stayed locked in a dark room for most our marriage got a new girlfriend and suddenly started...
OMG! I cant beleive this thread is still kicking around!! This is the longest lived thread Ive ever started. Im kinda proud of it.......
Thanks everyone! Im so glad that I was able to start this great discussion! Speaking of all this..... my little nine year old cousin goes to school this year until June 5th. June!!! Colleges have been out since the first week of May.