or Connect

Posts by Anglyn

Quote: Originally Posted by lightheart Sounds like if I would of had you for my EI person then I would of kept my son in the program instead of running like a wild women the other way! Our issue was with her sticking her nose in and asking questions of our primary care physician about our other son who was NOT in the program, would NOT even qualify even if you stretched whatever she felt was going on the nth degree... our primary was kind (and knows...
I like the fact that the radian can tether in the rf position. DS3 is just now 20lbs and 30inches. So do most rf seats that go to 35lbs go to about 40in? If so,at an average growth rate, he could be in it for two years Im thinking. so then, alegna, would you go with the raidan for the baby? Im still torn between the regent and the nautilus for the older kiddos! Nautilus highest slot is 18in, regents is 20. but the nautilus converts and can be used as a booster up to...
Plus the gn will go higher because it converts. Hmmm\ maybe two of those and teh triumph for the baby? Exactly like a pp already said, geesh, I could have just taken the advice and saved myself two hours online!
So if they are going to hit height before weight, go with the regent? Becuase it goes two inches higher? I read that the nautilus is comparable on height, but only harnesses to 65lbs but if they will outgrow it before hitting the weight anyway, why spend the extra hunderd on the regent if the natulius will do? dd at five is only 42lbs but ds at 3 is 40. Would you consider him heavy? The baby is only 20lbs at 12mos so I think that he and dd are small. (my oldest was huge...
Leaning towards two regents and a triumph or two regents and a radian... oh ack! How do you make a final decision? Ive been online forever!!!! eta: tired of me yet? Ok, I just read that though the radian is narrorower on the outside its wider on the inside. Is this true? If so the nthe main advantage of the regent is the height, two whole inches. Im trying to decide how tall my kids will get by the time they weigh 80lbs.
Does the steel alloy frame on the radian make it safer? I really think I love this one best BUT....the regent is wider (more comfy Id think) and the top harness slot is two inches higher, I have tall kids. But the radian looks so comfy with the pillows.... of course, for the money, graco nautilus is a hundred bucks less with all the cool cup holders and all. It goes highest in the long run, 100lbs as a booster, but only to 65lbs as a five pt harness, whereas the other...
Quote: Originally Posted by gus'smama My advice would be to go with the radian, b/c of how narrow it is. I have a minivan, and 4 kids. I already had a Britax RA and a Britax booster for my youngest and oldest, respectively. My middle two out grew their RA and I replaced them with Marathons -- I regret it everytime we need to bring an extra kiddo with us. I can *just barely* fit the RA in the middle of the back row with the britax booster and a spare...
Yes, I was wondering if the five point harness is safer for dd. Seems like it would be. I mean dh can get a carseat in so tight it wont budge, but the booster, nothings really holding it in, kwim? Just, until I found this board, did not realize that made the five pt harness seats that held kids over 40lbs.
Thanks for all the replies! I am actually excited about going car seat shopping! Im thinking of moving dd to the second row because I cant hear her soft little voice from way in the back! Plus she asked to move there. DS2 asked to move back and he is the one who can randomly decide to hit or throw things, so dd and the baby in the second row is probally best.
Ok, help me out here. I have a seven passanger minivan. Three car seats. DD, nearly five, 3'5 and 42lbs is currently in a belt positioning booster (you know, its not strapped down at all til the kid is in it, then you pull the belt across, thats what those are called, right?) It was purchased just under three years ago. Currently in the third row drivers side. DS2, three yrs old, 3'3 and 40lbs, currently in a five pt harness seat that was purchased about four years...