or Connect

Posts by mandib50

my first degree was worth it, even though i ended up being a stay at home mom and was not employed in the field  (although i could have quite easily been). it was also so pivotal in changing how i saw the world, so in that sense, it was absolutely worth it to me. not only which, it helped me get into a Canadian midwifery education program, which i am halfway through.   i think that if you want to pursue college for the sake of finding a job that pays higher, i...
it does get easier, that's for sure i remember rocking with my little one and a new baby at the same time, have you tried that?   i hope some other members have some great tips for you. that seems like so long ago for me, so it really does pass, but it is certainly a challenging time when you are in it. hang in there!
some people use duct tape over them until they go away. it would be safe to use the OTC wart treatments, although i guess that's not really natural.
the chest pains sound very much like anxiety, and i am glad that you had physical causes ruled out. did your careprovider talk to you about postpartum anxiety and ways to help you manage it?
i'm sorry that you are having a difficult time right now. have you tried the edinburgh postnatal depression quiz? it is a screening test that will give you a good idea if you need to seek further help.   http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/pediatrics/downloads/edinburghscale.pdf   i really don't think there is anything wrong with seeing your OB if you have concerns about how you are feeling, your mental health is worth it.
144 months ... 2 months tandem. i am so happy to see all the extended breastfeeding!
i had 3 homebirths, with only medivac access to a hospital with access to an OB. i also know other women in my area who had homebirths who did not even live in town, so they would have had to drive close to an hour to get to town, and then be medivacced (is this a word?) out if necessary. not ideal, it is definitely harder to make decisions with limited choices.
glad you started this thread! hopefully it will be active.
well, having made 4 trips of 3100km (2 1/2 days each way) in the last 2 years, here are my suggestions:   archie comics,  or any comic you feel is appropriate for your kids but quick to read. we picked up a bunch from a used bookstore   Nintendo DS (you only would need one) with the games Family Feud and Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader, (although if you could just get those 2 games, we killed hours playing those games, so you wouldn't actually need the...
this thread is being closed for review again due to numerous reports.