or Connect

Posts by mamimapster

Just checking in to say Be Happy, it's Adar!   I've not really been on MDC since the Yiddishe Mama's tribe was moved. I shouldn't be here now since I'm up to my eyelids in schoolwork. We finally sold our house and moved back into the city (to a two bedroom apt. BLEH)- but we are six blocks from Dd #1's  school and  Dd#2 will be going to preschool there in the fall.    Miriam
Hi there- We're going to be visiting the Montpelier area for a couple of weeks, and I'm looking for low cost outings with two Dc-we will be visting the Skating Rink in Burlington, and the Montshire Museum looked really cool, but I'm thinking of places to have a simple picnic, a playground, and how biking friendly the area is-also if there is a place to rent a bicycle. I'm not sure if it is worth it to bring my very old vintage bike on the long drive, but I have a foldable...
I love this thread and i've subbed to it for some more ideas. As far as consuming, I have a hirearchy- I will first try to buy used, but within particular settings, I am trying to teach myself not to buy used just because it is there, and "maybe" we will need it, but to be more picky and get things that are used AND definitely needed. If I am thrifting and can't find something after three tries, I then go online or to a couple of good local green stores that I know of-...
I would never bother to buy dipes made in China- Why when there are so many awesome diapers made by WAHM's and local companies? I buy a mix of new & recycled diapers and don't spend that much anyway. I'd rather go to diaperswappers than Ebay for dipes- I'm really annoyed that ebay would rather sell poorly made Chinese diapers than exccelent quality local used ones.
we got one of the natural rubber ones-DD hated it. She (like I was) is a very mouthy babe, and so we use pacifiers for car trips, along with natural wooden teethers etc. She much preffered anything else-including the silicone Avent pacifiers that I won't use now, because I've heard that they have BPA- Bornfree makes BPA free ones that are a lot nicer and don't ahve to be repalaced every four weeks. We did however find one person in our house that LOVED the rubber...
Last month was great! I hit most of my goals and used the tax refund to totally pay off a CC as well as sock money towards a very needed roof & paid a little to Dp's smaller student loan. Here's to another awesome month! March 1: No spend/No drive: sick DD March 2: March 3:
Feb 1::, Feb 2: 22.10 Gas,65.10 Groceries, Feb 3: Feb 4: Feb 5 5.19 Grocery oops (forgot to buy coffee),20.58 Co-op order,19.79 Chargeup phone, 10.00 copay Feb 6: (not counting tip amount from gift cert 2.89) Feb 7:, Feb 8 64.10 Groceries,13.63 Food out- Chaos lesson learned PRICELESS Feb 9: Feb 10:: spendy day! Feb 11: Feb 12: Spendy day!: feb 13: 3.51 snacks out fen 14:: feb 15: spendy day!: feb 16:budget spend Feb 17: feb 18: coffee for white-knuckle drive home on...
February and tax refunds have been kind to us! We have finished the adoption and CC2 in one month!! We also made a small dent in the smaller of the student loans BS #1-Done Adoption-done! CC #1 Done CC #2 DONE! Student loan #1 2700/2900 Cc #3 4000 Cc #4 7600 Student loan #2 35,000:
Feb 1::, Feb 2: 22.10 Gas,65.10 Groceries, Feb 3: Feb 4: Feb 5 5.19 Grocery oops (forgot to buy coffee),20.58 Co-op order,19.79 Chargeup phone, 10.00 copay Feb 6: (not counting tip amount from gift cert 2.89) Feb 7:, Feb 8 64.10 Groceries,13.63 Food out- Chaos lesson learned PRICELESS Feb 9: Feb 10:: spendy day! Feb 11: Feb 12: Spendy day!: feb 13: 3.51 snacks out fen 14:: feb 15: spendy day!: feb 16:budget spend Feb 17: feb 18: coffee for white-knuckle drive home on...
Feb 1::, Feb 2: 22.10 Gas,65.10 Groceries, Feb 3: Feb 4: Feb 5 5.19 Grocery oops (forgot to buy coffee),20.58 Co-op order,19.79 Chargeup phone, 10.00 copay Feb 6: (not counting tip amount from gift cert 2.89) Feb 7:, Feb 8 64.10 Groceries,13.63 Food out- Chaos lesson learned PRICELESS Feb 9: Feb 10:: spendy day! Feb 11: Feb 12: Spendy day!: feb 13: 3.51 snacks out fen 14:: feb 15: spendy day!: feb 16:budget spend Feb 17: feb 18: coffee for white-knuckle...