or Connect

Posts by willowsmom

I could have written this post. I've also been gone awhile...and what I've come back to is not sustainable, IMO. A "happy medium" would be fantastic. We don't have to be micromanaged, but it also doesn't have to devolve into Lord of the Flies.   
Hey y'all! I haven't been on in awhile - lots of changes. lol   Anyway, grats to all the BFPs, hugs to everyone. <3 I've been thinking about y'all lately...things are the same here, I guess. I haven't had a period since September... I've been really gaggy lately for a month, maybe? I haven't tested yet... I may pick up a cheap-o test just for kicks...   
I've been avoiding thinking about TTC and, actually, MDC for awhile... Sometimes you get so caught up in the temping and charting and waiting and the let down, and the crying... that you just start to lose feeling. So I took off for awhile... ...but...here I am. Trying to decide if I want to toss my hat into the ring... Regardless, I'm here to support y'all. Here's hoping there are lots of BFPs and sticky, healthy pregnancies with happy, healthy babies at the...
I just wanted to ask a quick question: I have an almost 11 year old cat who has been acting stranger and stranger lately. He is starting to bat at things that aren't there. He's been doing this for a few days now. Another thing that has happened a couple of times to my knowledge... is he'll hold his tail rigidly curled out to the side and his back legs step very tentatively and "off". He's lost a lot of weight as he's gotten older, but his appetite and thirst are...
It's been said - They've (the family) voiced their opinions. That's all they get. Nothing they say is going to change who Serafina is. Nothing at all. They can either come along peacefully and supportively and with the best interests of your daughter in mind, or they can not come along at all. There is zero room for toxicity and negativity. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with an unsupportive and bigoted family. *hugs*
Count me in with the people that think it's a discriminatory act by a company who's CEO is completely out of touch with the world around him. I've been boycotting Whole Foods for years, and this isn't winning in brownie points (no pun intended) with me. Sizeism is the last acceptable "ism". Who cares what fat people think. They're just dumb couch potatoes, right? The definition of "discriminatory" is "Marked by or showing prejudice; biased." Right there is "fact" that...
I was bullied (and bullied) when I was a kid. I don't necessarily know where it came from, or why... there is no excuse good enough to justify it. As far as Willow is concerned, I pay a lot of attention to how she behaves with other kids. She has a tendency to be rather bossy, and I try to nip it in the bud and engage a dialogue about how people should behave instead. At some point, I'll have to send her out into the world to forge relationships on her own. I want her to...
It was really uncomfortable to watch. It sparked a great conversation with my 6 year old about racism, but I don't feel they should have done it. Especially with a half-arsed knowledge of the culture...and with so many people saying "Hey, don't do this."
Willow will be attending a brick-and-mortar school this fall as well. She'll be going into 2nd grade. I'm waffling between being excited for her, and fearful for her... I think she'll thrive, but I am also just wondering how smooth the transition is going to go. Knowing how often I worry about things only to have them never come to fruition or be unbelievably less complicated when they do happen, I'm sure it will go fine.
(((((moongloe))))) You sound really frustrated. I'm going to echo the other question, is this a new development? Is he getting any new teeth? It sounds like y'all are co-sleeping, yes? It's so hard when they're fussy sleeping and you're already exhausted to begin with. Rest assured, this won't last forever. Happy sleeping!