or Connect

Posts by ChelseaG

Just popping on to get advice as DH just took a job in Austin and we'll be moving in the next few months (depending on how long it takes for us to sell our house here in MI). I'm excited and we will be coming in this sat-wed (may 4-8) to start looking for houses... We are thinking we'll end up in circle c or someplace around there - not too far a commute - but good schools, neighborhood, house size for our price range (mid 300k).   We have 2 kids almost 8 and...
Hi All,  DH just got a job offer in NYC and we are contemplating making the move from MI.  I used to work in NY and lived in S. Orange and Millburn previously so I am familiar with those areas along the NE corridor (went to school at Rutgers so I know that area too), DH has never lived in NY but we have both spent lots of time there and have family in Brooklyn and NJ.  We are trying to decide where would be the best place to move our family (DD 5.5 and DS...
Wow - I missed this thread the first time around last year - so thanks to Shana for keeping me in the loop! I won't write too much, but instead direct you to my blog for info on the kids - I haven't been updating as much as I used to, but I am still doing an update every couple months with the big important stuff... In a nutshell: Rosie is loving preschool (montessori) and will be going to local public school in fall for kindergarten, but still not sold on the public...
Quote: Originally Posted by organicmommy05 I contacted the MOMS organization and they said that I would have to use the State form. I just crossed off the ridiculous language and signed it. I had no issues after that. I too crossed out the scary wording (on the advice from another wise mama) and wrote "Do Not Agree" next to it with my initials. I just wrote Philosophical for the reason and have had no issues with it being accepted.
We see Dr. Schindler in Novi - he is family practice so our whole family uses him. We don't vax and only take our kids in 2x a year for a general checkup. He has always been perfectly respectable about our decisions, he is not pushy at all and is very kind and I feel he really cares about our family and respects me as a parent to know what is best for my kids. He also answers emails and gives out his personal cell number. Do I think he is the perfect doctor? NO, but I...
Thanks for all the suggestions - my Grandma just died on Monday and DD is 4 and DS is 2 and I was struggling to explain what death means (we are not religious either). I am going to see if the library has When Dinosaurs Die.
OK - this is a little long and rambling - So, we have been having a few issues with DD and the neighborhood girls. The neighbors DD plays with are all a year older than DD (4), and for the most part, they play together well, but there have been some instances of bullying, name calling, exclusion and general mean-ness - especially from one recent girl, Mollie. Mollie and DD play pretty well (aside from bossiness from Mollie) when they are alone, but once there is a 3rd...
I am in Commerce Twp - so kinda close - and I have a 4 year old DD who loves to make new friends. Welcome to the area!
I am in the same boat, trying to gently wean my DS who will be 2 in a few weeks. I really wanted to CLW - but he was wanting to nurse ALL DAY LONG. Over the last few months, I have limited it to morning, naptime, and bedtime. He is finally nightweaned, and the last 2 days he hasn't nursed in the morning - only naptime and bedtime. My goal is to get him to just nursing at bedtime by his birthday, and then see how it goes from there... One question though, my breasts...
We used Frank & Frank attorneys - (248) 932-1440 - my MIL works in their office, Matt Frank is the son who did our case - he was pretty cool, I don't remember how much it was (doesn't it seem crazy that you have to pay money to file for bankruptcy??) they are in Farmington Hills. Good luck and big to you - I was so embarrassed to have to file, but it was such a relief to get out from under the weight of all that debt....