or Connect

Posts by musingmama

I am not against all vaccines.  I weigh all the benefits and risks and their effectiveness IMO for each vaccine.  We decided to do the tetanus /diphtheria only for my oldest son when he was two, and will probably do the same for my 13 month old who is unvaxxed so far.  I've been researching and reading both sides since I was pregnant with my second again as I did with my first.  For me if I am anti anything it is that I am anti- authoritarian.  I make up my own mind...
Yes the lymphatic system does deal with it but we encounter pathogens from vpds through our noses, mouths, and digestive systems mostly(other than tetanus I suppose...).  Our body is equipped to handle it but there is a difference.       can you give us some links?  thanks     I've enjoyed this thread and appreciate the civil tone!  Hopefully more debate threads can keep it going.
We would like to try them!  Our infant just started teething!
nursing from both breasts on one side worked for my first, but with my second, the top one makes him gag because of the angle and gravity that makes it flow way too fast for him (if you have "over abundant" supply like me sometimes it may be an issue, like LLL says "its like trying to drink out of a hose on your back!")  I was able to do it with my first but then again I had a big problem with recurring clogged ducts and mastitis and this time haven't had it at all...  
I have nursed my sons from day 1 while lying down.  The first couple of months I would use a pillow to prop against their backs to keep them positioned properly(so their ear, shoulder, and hip were all aligned).  Then by 3 months or so, they could lay on their sides without the pillow against their backs.  Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get the right distance away so you can stretch out your breast enough so it isn't covering their nose(I have large breasts)...and I...
I've read 27 weeks, too... but seems like 7 days either way isn't a big difference.  either way it feels good to be getting towards the end!
I just reached the third trimester!  due april 26th and it seems like it is going by reallly fast!  still have a lot to do but it is coming together. it is getting harder to sit up when laying down and get up though!  baby feels huge!
I am looking for a massage therapist in the Seattle- Shoreline area that has experience with pregnant women.... Anyone know of a good one that takes insurance?  It seems to be impossible to find someone who will take a new client right away and my back pain is not going away!!  Thanks!
Felice Barnow    http://snabc.com/index.html   I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her and my 8 years experience with her as my midwife, naturapathic Dr. and my son's pediatrician.  I am currently pregnant and have been seeing her for prenatal and had my first preg. and homebirth with her in 2003. She is extremely knowledgeable and experienced (20 years exp.) and very down to earth and patient.  She takes the time to answer and listen thoughtfully to...
  http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/travelwise/2013474414_trpucci19.html   "...Passenger rights, electronic privacy and civil liberties advocates raised plenty of red flags at the time, but their concerns fell mostly on ears clogged with information from what became known in Washington, D.C., circles as the "full-body scanner lobby." Among the most alarming revelations was the role former Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff played in advocating for the...