or Connect

Posts by motocita

hi there, i have no experience to offer in terms of moving with a child. BUT, i too read gordon neufeld's book, and believe that we parents need to keep an eye on strong attachments, especially this early on. it could well be that your child's attachment to these other kids is nothing to be concerned about. i really recommend you read this book if you have the chance, to prevent this from becoming a bad situation in the future. basically what he says is that kids are in...
i haven't read all the replies (sorry) but i would err on the side of believing her. my 3 year old dd used to say she was nauseous often and i dismissed it for a long time, because i thought it was her code word for saying she was unhappy. well then i starting writing it down every time, along with all the foods we were eating (don't try to do this just relying on memory), and it turns out she was experiencing heartburn from bananas. when i finally realized this i felt...
mine is 3.5 so i'm not officially in this club, yet. i'm pretty sure i will be! my dd loves loves loves nursing. i have to admit though that i'm glad she rarely wants to nurse in public anymore. i just don't feel like i want to make a public statement anymore. weird because i used to be passionate about it. nowadays though, i just don't want people staring. last night dd squirted a chemical in her eye by accident and we were both pretty freaked out. then i began to...
i left a job paying 60K a few months after my dd was born. all my i thought it was important to be a working mom, to show my dd that a woman can have a career too. but once she was born, i realized there was just no way. after only a few weeks, i quit a fabulous job with lots of flexibility, work at home opportunities, at a great company with future potential. fabulous as this job was, it just did not compare to my dd and the precious time we spend together. i couldn't...
i'm still nursing my 3.5 yo. so i was kind of surprised that i seem to be experiencing some sort of hormone shift. suddenly my lovely-everything-is-wonderful-i'm in motherhood bliss- feeling seems to be gone. i am irritable, have shooting pain in my legs, my skin is breaking out and i have brain fog. on the upside, my libido has returned (finally!) and my breasts seem to be slightly less empty. has anyone else experienced this? i hate that i am less patient with my dd....
i watched a show called the Truth About Food (ongoing series) where they carried out an experiment at school. i think there were about 30 kids involved. they had kids taste several typical snacks and rate how much the liked them. the researchers picked 2 snacks that had the same score of popularity, mangoes and raisins. then they gradually began restricting the raisins by making the kids wait longer and longer until they could eat the raisins. by the end of 3 weeks, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovemyfamily6 I'm really bothered by adults that invade kids personal space. I'm not the most outgoing person at all. I can only imagine how I'd feel if someone much taller than me walked towards me and bent down to get inches from my face and speak to me. One day I was really upset because we had been making a bit of progress with one (he used to cry if someone even spoke to him). He was finally okay standing beside me. A...
Quote: Originally Posted by FiberLover (the one thing that I kind of miss....bad I know...is an occasional bag of microwaved popcorn) that was our last reason for holding on to the microwave...then i made home made popcorn for my dh (see Nourishing Traditions for recipe), and he was instantly convinced. we love the taste of REAL butter on popcorn, and now we've even purchased a stove top gadget for making popcorn. my dh loves it! we've...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaimee I've read this entire thread and I want to thank everyone for submitting their stories! NAET has been recommended to me by several people for my dd's (7.5 months) eczema. I even have a friend in town that has been to a NAET practioner and seen results. However, we are on a limited budget and it sounds like a lot of you got good results identifying allergies, but not always clearing them. Would it seem reasonable to...
potty diva, i have a 3 year old who acts this way (grumpy, impatient, aggressive) after eating certain foods she is allergic to. the difference in her temperament is like night and day. just thought i'd throw that in. i always feel bad for kids that are allergic, and feeling so crappy that their behavior is affected. yeast overgrowth makes her behave badly too.