or Connect

Posts by motocita

i just had my first leg cramp last night, since being pregnant 3 years ago. i was going to take an epsom salt bath. that has magnesium, right? and it's cheap and relaxing and you can get epsom salts anywhere.
Quote: Originally Posted by 3_opihi The way to tell the difference is that if you put .5% cortizone cream on it and it goes away - it's excema. my daughter has atopic eczema, but once in a while a patch will surface that looks exactly like yours. i always just considered it as a symptom of the other eczema - food intolerance. we tried cortisone a few times - it never did anything to either type of patch. the only thing that worked to get...
bluets, who's the author? i couldn't find it on amazon. thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by bluets just got a copy of "The Garden of Eating". dairy-free, grain-free (though some suggestions of grain preparation in the appendix). YUM. i'm liking the recipes much better than Nourishing Traditions. the first couple of chapters are also much less preachy than NT. huge focus on using broths and sea veggies.
i'm in the same boat with my 2 year old dd. i apply virgin coconut oil once or twice a day when i remember and it clears it up...for a day or two. then it comes back again. we've been working on food intolerances for about a year now and we're just now getting down the the nitty gritty, finally seeing individual reactions instead of chronic allergy. i can tell you with certainty that in my dd's case, her problems in this area are completely food intolerance related....
chasmyn, have you tried NAET? i took my 2 year old dd with multiple food allergies, and discovered that she had allergies to foods i would have never suspected - like salt, and basic vitamins like B-complex. all these major allergies prevented her from absorbing nutrients from all the incredibly nutritious foods i was giving her everyday. after we desensitized her to these basic allergens, she was able to tolerate some of the other foods better. it also decreased her...
i don't trust those tests. i rely completely on my experience. i write down everything my daughter and i eat every single day. i write down how her bowel movements are, her mood, and the appearance of her eczema. i also introduce only one new food at a time, and let 3-4 days pass in order to see how her body handles it. doing all this has enabled me to know exactly what she is allergic to. allergies are very complicated and reactions to an allergen can be varied. some...
my daughter and i have trouble with dairy in general, but we have healed our guts to the point that we can now tolerate some dairy, like 24 hour yogurt and specific cheeses and butter. however, we still cannot tolerate any RAW dairy. it's got me baffled honestly, i'd always heard raw was easier for the body. but in our case, it's the opposite. we have the same issue with raw honey. my theory is that pasteurized foods have less intact proteins and so might be easier for our...
one thing i've discovered since choosing to continue breastfeeding a highly allergic child is that i'm allergic too. i never knew it until i started dieting and my chronic fatigue and chronic sinusitis lifted. also, now that we're at a pure place in terms of what we eat, i find that i too have eczema, very mildly. all of these things rob my body of energy and keep it in a state of disease. having allergies as a child is linked to so many diseases in later life. my...
i'm getting ready to implement a rotation diet to help diversify our diet. we have leaky gut and it has limited our diet severely - i really can't stand to continue this way much longer. so, i'm going to add some foods that are allergens for us, mild allergens. i found an article on the internet that lists the food families. they also include a rotation diet in the article. my question is: is it OK to mix and match as long as you keep the families together? for...
applebtb, do you know how your practisioner modifies naet? mine does clear sometimes 2 or 3 allergens at a time, but they must be related...eg, all fruits or something like that. there have been some clearings that have not worked for us the first time. kind of annoying when you're paying $75 a pop. CBT = craniobionic treatment ( i think). it's very similar to naet, where they have you hold the allergen and then they stimulated your brain in addition to your spine, and...