or Connect

Posts by motocita

you could find a practisioner who does NAET (google to find their site). they'd be able to test her totally non-invasively, and you'd know right away which was the culprit. we've been doing naet for a month now and i have discovered all my daughter's allergens. she is now free from eczema, as long as she continues to avoid the allergens. they also have the ability to desensitize her body to each allergen, usually in one session. the dairy is taking longer to clear,...
also wanted to add that i believe it is crucial to find a good practisioner. i found mine on the naet website, where you can see how many courses they've taken so far. i picked mine because he had the most experience, and is working in 3 separate offices in 3 cities. sure enough, i get there and the waiting room is totally full. after a few visits i've gotten to know these patients and have heard lots of success stories. he also has a huge binder full of testimonials,...
my 2 year old and i have been doing NAET, we've done 9 treatments each so far. it is working for us! finally her eczema is cleared completely and i am getting down the roots of my allergies - both of us have leaky gut that i believe was caused by yeast overgrowth. i used to have chronic sinus inflammation, fatigue, and lots of other yeast symptoms. plus, we were allergic to EVERYTHING. i had many months of anguish, eliminiation diets galore, trying to figure out what the...
it most definitely can. i was off dairy for several months and have only been able to eat 24-hr yogurt and a few specific cheeses. so far, i cannot eat gouda, any raw cheese, or asiago. when i eat any of these cheeses, i get a HUGE sinus headache. we're talking 2 days of serious pain. with gouda, it turns into a migraine. my head hurts so bad that i vomit. i never noticed how much it affected my sinuses, until i eliminated dairy altogether and my chronic congestion...
is anyone else out there doing this? my 2 year old and i have yeast overgrowth and we've been dieting for 4 months. just the last month i started using CO for cooking, plus taking it by the spoonful 3 times a day as well. i feel like i'm still experiencing die off, even though it's been a month. i do feel like it's really helping though. dd has been able to tolerate more foods than before, and has perfectly formed stools now, one each day. i still get yeast flare ups...
go here: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/ this site is awesome!
my daughter and i have eczema and after much dieting and trying different things, i've realized that we're intolerant of our most favorite foods. sorry to bring bad news, but this has definitely been true for us. our favorite foods pre-eczema were toast with butter and yogurt. guess what, we can't tolerate grains nor dairy. for us though, the food intolerance is only a small piece of the puzzle. i believe we are intolerant because we have leaky gut and yeast overgrowth.
i've read 3.5 - 6T for adults, but i can't seem to find how much to give a child. my daughter is 2.5 and has been taking 1/2 tsp 3 times a day for the past several days. she started out with just 1/4 tsp once a day about 2.5 weeks ago. i haven't noticed die off symptoms that i can definitely attribute to the CO for her, just benefits so far. as for me, i'm taking 2 tsps 3 times a day and i DID experience die off, flu-like symptoms. TIA
Quote: Originally Posted by saratc Eat Fat Lose Fat does recommend cooking with coconut oil and coconut products in addition to taking it straight. Many people feel nauseous when taking it as a spoonful in the beginning. The book recommends that you start with a lower amount, take it with something high fiber, spread it out when you take it, or cook with it more instead of taking it straight if you are nauseous in the beginning. My guess would be that...
janeS, is there somewhere online where i can read about the rotation diet you're doing? my daughter and i are doing SCD right now, it's been 3.5 months and it's going well. BUT, i really miss my old foods. and she is having solid stools now and the eczema is nearly gone, so i wonder if we could do a rotation diet soon. we're pretty limited on SCD because she doesn't tolerate honey nor dairy yet. i would also love to know how far did your son's healing progress...