or Connect

Posts by motocita

thanks everybody. in a way i feel alarmed but then another part of me says, hey, what's the harm in wait and see? i eat very healthy and don't drink so that's not a concern. yes i think it might be possible that i ovulated late...i've been on a diet to get rid of yeast overgrowth (SCD) for about 2 months now and this month i went through major yeast die off - maybe that set things back a bit.
i know it sounds weird but i FEEL pregnant, and i am 15 days late. i am never more than one day late. maybe it is wishful thinking? i called the preg test people and they said no way am i pregnant, that the test would surely detect it by now. but it seems to contradict what i've read on the internet, about women who fail all the tests and then continue with a pregnancy. i don't know who to believe. in general i do not trust doctors much...does anyone know how...
that's awesome!
i don't know if my child is different from others, but i find her to be demanding, unreasonable, oppositional, etc., only in a few situations: she is hungry, super tired, or she has eaten something that was not good for her body (we are on a diet to heal her leaky gut). i don't think a lot of people realize the impact of what they're feeding their children. in my daughter's case, her gut was so weak that she developed eczema and food intolerances. when she is digesting...
i tried floradix too - yuck! maybe it's really not that bad, but when i was preg i was so sensitive to tastes/smells. i'm going to look for gentle iron at whole foods. i have some acerola powder at home so i'll do that too. question: does anyone know if me taking 25mg of iron will be OK for my breastfeeding daughter? i read online that she needs 7-10mg. maybe i'll do a compromise and just take half a tablet daily and try to make up the rest with whole foods. i...
Quote: Originally Posted by yitlan If this helps at all, my midwife once said prenatals are often more for mom than baby. We need to feel we're actively doing something to help the baby. Remember many women eat cr*p all day long and think, "oh I'm taking my prenatal, so all is well..." If you are eating well, you have less to worry about. Plus, taking CLO helps your body actually use the nutrients in your food. I did have to take an iron supplement,...
i don't want to take prenatals, either. i've always avoided them. i read over WAP's recommendations and i added up some numbers. if i eat 1C greens (collard, kale, spinach, or broccoli) + 3 eggs or liver + 1C ground nuts + 1/2C lentils + dolomite powder + a serving of beef, that would cover my calcium, selenium, protein, and most of the folic acid. i don't see a way to get the RDA of iron (30 mg) or folic acid (600 mcg). and, eating this way everyday i think would be...
you can use a wire cooling rack set over a jelly roll pan. that's what i do. i also line the bottom of the jelly roll pan with foil for easier clean up.
yes, i definitely plan to drink it daily. i just want to be sure that i'm getting enough with just the broth.
does anyone know how much calcium is in chicken bone broth? i'm trying to see if i can go dairy-free while pregnant, and get my calcium from broth instead.